• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocky Mountain Collection X-Men in the CL Auction

63 posts in this topic

There are some unreal X-Men books coming up in the next CL auction. Wherever this Rocky Mountain collection came from, it has some amazing books. 62 in 9.8, 41 in 9.6, 59 in 9.6 just to name a couple. Those 3 books are never seen in those grades. Actually it will be the first time they've been offered at public auction in those grades that I'm aware of. I know we have a lot of hardcore X-Men collectors on these boards. Any thoughts on what these 3 books in particular will fetch or the collection in general?

Yeah, the 62 and 41 are 1 of 1 top census in their respective grades. The 9.9 copy of 41 should not count as it's locked up in a private collection never to see the light of day again. So this 9.6 may as well be top census. The 59 does not have a 9.8 copy and 9.6's never come up for sale either.

I'd be interested to see if the X books come close to what the Spidey books did a few months ago.

Some of these are going to go nuts but I don't think we'll see anything approaching the $32K shelled out for the ASM 50 9.8.

I'd be interested to see if the X books come close to what the Spidey books did a few months ago.

Some of these are going to go nuts but I don't think we'll see anything approaching the $32K shelled out for the ASM 50 9.8.

I was leaning more towards what the ASM #31 9.8 fetched as the #50 is a big key, right?

Exciting stuff.

It'll also be interesting to know what people will dump their money into as the stock market continues to find out where it's headed.

These past few months have been a "perfect storm" for comics.

R.

I'd say if you have a hundred bucks do 50/50 split in both the stock market and a HG comic.

Off ocurse the more money you got the more flexible you can be.

X-Men is a different breed unfortunately. You'll never see numbers like that with X-Men late in the run.

I agree but I'm more interested in percentages. For example if ASM #31 in 9.8 fetched 3.2 times what the last 9.6 sold for than I would expect that ratio to be similar for an X-men comic that is a minor key in the same number range. Know what I mean? I don't expect them to match Spidey dollar for dollar.

Natcho anyone?

The X-Men 12 should be a $10K book. Similar to the ASM 31 in that it's a minor key, late '65 book. The Spidey is a 9.8 and the X-Men only a 9.6 but there are only 3 copies in 9.6 or better making it a much tougher book than ASM 31. Actually I would not be shocked to see it go well over $10K with some of the silly prices being paid lately.

X-men #35 is more common. Lots of 9.4's, much later book, not really a key. I've had 3 9.4 copies of that book in recent years.

R.

35 is the highest guided book from 30-66. It feature the only spidey crossover in an X-Men book in the SA. There are only 4 9.6s and 1 9.8 and they are all secured in big collections and will not see the day of light for years. Find me a 9.6 please. Comparing 9.4s to that is ridicuolus. I sold the 9.6 Mass copy for 3,700 and I wont disclose the 9.8 sale but it was a nice number. I can't see Tom or Doug paying over 5K for it.

What pot are you smoking?

35 is the highest guided book from 30-66. It feature the only spidey crossover in an X-Men book in the SA. There are only 4 9.6s and 1 9.8 and they are all secured in big collections and will not see the day of light for years. Find me a 9.6 please. Comparing 9.4s to that is ridicuolus. I sold the 9.6 Mass copy for 3,700 and I wont disclose the 9.8 sale but it was a nice number. I can't see Tom or Doug paying over 5K for it.

Yeah but we are talking about mid 60's minor keys. That is from '67 or '68. Just the fact that there are 4 9.6 copies shows me how much more abundant that book is than #12.

I'm not dissing the book, just saying that the X-men #12 9.6 should go for more than the #35 9.8 in my opinion.

I don't like pot, it makes me paranoid.

:eek:

Edit, never mind I misread Rahal's comments and thought the #12 was a 9.8