• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is pressing detectable 100% of the time? 50% of the time?

250 posts in this topic

Hey Dr. A-hole jerk Watson..........I've got some science for you. Why don't you take a large, wooden handled garden rake, and stick it aggressively and quickly into your rectum? ( oh, I forgot....he'd probably like that too much for it to be some form of punishment :gossip: )

Don't you ever wonder why you are followed around by so much scandal...the 'shilling', the multiple eBay IDs, the NOD 'issue', the Kent Meridith meltdown...and why you have so many run-ins with so many boarders?

It's because you are one prize tit. :gossip:

fine...then I'll quit the Boards tonight for good.........happy?

Actually, you should quit for a year and when you come back, Nick will stop calling you names and will tell you how much he missed you instead.

Hey Dr. A-hole jerk Watson..........I've got some science for you. Why don't you take a large, wooden handled garden rake, and stick it aggressively and quickly into your rectum? ( oh, I forgot....he'd probably like that too much for it to be some form of punishment :gossip: )

Don't you ever wonder why you are followed around by so much scandal...the 'shilling', the multiple eBay IDs, the NOD 'issue', the Kent Meridith meltdown...and why you have so many run-ins with so many boarders?

Actually, you should quit for a year and when you come back, Nick will stop calling you names and will tell you how much he missed you instead.

By the way, Nick - before you get your panties in a bunch - this was a joke. I am just trying to get him to leave for a year. Let's see if it works.

If that's what you're talking about, you aren't looking at a book that was pressed correctly.

Maybe and it's a fact on a couple for sure...but two of the books were pressed by Nelson and he supposedly does the best job... (shrug)

Jim

Excuse my ignorance.Is that an insult?

(shrug)

(shrug)

Um, yep, you might say that

If that's what you're talking about, you aren't looking at a book that was pressed correctly.

Maybe and it's a fact on a couple for sure...but two of the books were pressed by Nelson and he supposedly does the best job... (shrug)

Jim

Not on those two, apparently. Unless he was pressing out "color-breaking" creases in the white area of the back cover, in which case yes, there will be a very faint telltale line left behind.

Your call. But if you're going to stay, you can put this sort of utter sh!te away. Deal with your problems like a grown man, Steve, not a bawling 7 year old.

(shrug)

Who cares, he was able to use the word in a sentence not about a woman's chesticles! Score 3!

(shrug)

Um, yep, you might say that

Thanks Arex.I dont speak english english very well (thumbs u

By the way, Nick - before you get your panties in a bunch - this was a joke. I am just trying to get him to leave for a year. Let's see if it works.

You've had your second honeymoon, pal. :insane:

It's time to start kicking your arse again. :baiting:

Where's FatComicMafia? :popcorn:

Sitting back laughing that showcase-4 was gullible enough to take his sh*t stirring idea and run with it.

Well now that is they way to get a thread pulled.

:eek:

I don't ever recall Mr. Wizard teaching that ... :o

It's been said, but you simply can't say with 100% certainty that a book has been pressed because you can't determine intent. You can say it looks like a crease was pressed out - EITHER by pressing or storage conditions (cue JC's physics lessons), but you can't say it's definitely been pressed.

Sitting back laughing that showcase-4 was gullible enough to take his sh*t stirring idea and run with it.

It was probably an episode of Bill Nye, The Science Guy... :eek:

Jim

The part that gets to me is the instruction to "stick it aggressively and quickly", as opposed to "stick it up your". It cracks me up.

Jim

Now that sounds plausable... hm

Someday when people get tired of talking about this, we'll get all of the people together who think that pressing can be detected, show them a pile of 100 books, of which three were pressed, and ask them to pull those three and only those three from the pile and explain how they know.

And I will bet you that this massive failure of their fundamental premise still won't end the discussion.

Jim

Now that sounds plausable... hm

Oh my. I just caught that.

:roflmao:

He said pulled.

:roflmao:

Nevermind.