• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Nedors, and I'll show you mine...
2 2

175 posts in this topic

Keep those covers coming,all of them GREAT! thumbsup2.gif Soon as i can get a scanner i'll post the few NEDORS i have. I just recently picked up a fine + FIGHTING YANK# 10 "classic bondage ,torture cover " by schomburg.

Just found another one of those "Standards" in my collection. Carl cover is sweet! (yeah - I forgot how to spell Schomburg!)

thrill60.jpg

That cover is a bit suggestive. She's touching that long hard object and it explodes...

Well - wouldn't yours? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I think Schomburg enjoyed sitting down to pencil this cover. After years of creating battle scenes, he's finally showing a soldier coming home. The comic is dated October 1945, when a lot of guys actually were getting back to the states and their families.

I love all the little details on this cover. The proud parents in the background. The wife waving, the son shouting, the daughter with a blank expression because she's young enough that she might not even remember the man getting off the ship.

Then there's the band leader signaling the band to play, the planes doing a fly over, the nazi helmet that the soldier has brought home for a souvenir, the job and G.I. home loan paperwork that Doc Strange has for him.

Schomburg was the best...

That's an EXCELLENT observation of not only the climate of the end of WWII, but of this incredible cover. Kudos to you; you made me notice things I hadn't before.

I think Schomburg enjoyed sitting down to pencil this cover. After years of creating battle scenes, he's finally showing a soldier coming home. The comic is dated October 1945, when a lot of guys actually were getting back to the states and their families.

I love all the little details on this cover. The proud parents in the background. The wife waving, the son shouting, the daughter with a blank expression because she's young enough that she might not even remember the man getting off the ship.

Then there's the band leader signaling the band to play, the planes doing a fly over, the nazi helmet that the soldier has brought home for a souvenir, the job and G.I. home loan paperwork that Doc Strange has for him.

th50.gif

I have to say, I agree. It is a fascinating thing to ponder on exactly HOW the artists felt about those covers...and somehting like this is - well - just so good to see!

th50.gif

I have to say, I agree. It is a fascinating thing to ponder on exactly HOW the artists felt about those covers...and somehting like this is - well - just so good to see!

I agree it's a great cover but I find the MC Hammer pants a bit distracting.

Not to my knowledge. DC aquired the Fawcett and Quality characters, not the Nedors

Timely

Aren't they the same charecters that appear now in America's Best Comics?...The Tom Strong books and Terra Obscura....

I'm not sure , confused-smiley-013.gif but I think Bill Black of AC comics owns those characters "Nedor" I know he reprints in black & white the Black Terror, Fighting Yank, stories . etc. check out his website: ACCOMICS.COM.