• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Nedors, and I'll show you mine...
2 2

175 posts in this topic

Nice Jon! I also like Fighting Yank #21, bound to be a classic too!

West

Timely;

I also consider the cover for issue #21 to be a classic. My personal opinion says that a lot of these nicer Nedor covers are still quite undervalued when you compare them to the OS price guide values.

For sure, high grade copies of some of these covers will run you substantially more than guide assuming you can find them that is.

a bit more obscure, but quite the Schomburg cover.....jon 691368-1scanfigyank23.jpg

Not that obsure to Atom age collectors! Long considered a classic post-war Schomburg cover - nice copy!

Thought I'd bump this Nedor thread to show off a Nedor that you don't see everyday:

Coo-Coo Comics #1, 1942. Cool ads for the Nedor superhero titles on the cover interiors and some good art on the stories (I haven't read them yet).

coocoo_01.jpg

Just picked it up in trade today. Far from my usual collecting interests, but a nice WW2-era 1st issue and I do have a taste for the funnies once in a while. Also the first app. of Super Mouse, which according to Overstreet was the first funny-animal superhero series (though there was the one-off "Super-Duper Rabbit" Bugs Bunny story about 6 months earlier in Looney Tunes #5).

Edited by dmgcsr