• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this ToS 63 plz (large file)

20 posts in this topic

Nice book Brian.. thumbsup2.gif...But I seem to notice a couple of dings on the bottom edge... each roughly underneath each of Caps feet....I also see what looks like a stain on the Lurkers elbow... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Discounting these I'd say 9.0 ... cool.gif

OK - someone please explain this to me. I have a 9.0 bet on Joanna's Wonder Woman 150 (1964). But now I am seeing 9.2 and 9.0 with similar and sometimes more obvious (as in the right edge) damage. So how do these grades get calculated? (serious question).

1) Brian only submitted the front scan.

2) The corners look better on the ToS.

3) Brians is Marvel....Joannas is DC.

OK - so CGC grades DC harsher than Marvel for early/mid 60's? And the right side has really pronounced color breaks along a good length of the edge. Far deeper than anything in Joanna's.

Again - am really serious - really trying to "get it". confused.gif

To be perfectly honest with you pov...I agree with you about the right edge of the ToS but that seems to be allowed on a Marvel book due to the Marvel Chipping Syndrome...and I certainly would drop the grade if I knew whether the defects that I had noted in my earlier post are actually there...

Also...we are really only grading a scan on a computer screen with limited resolution and on a 2 dimensional plane....so it really comes down to how the book is veiwed in the eyes of the beholder and the grade is determined by what the beholder feels are the accumulated defects visible to the beholder....

In other words....we are guessing at "What would CGC do"???.... insane.gif

To be perfectly honest with you pov...I agree with you about the right edge of the ToS but that seems to be allowed on a Marvel book due to the Marvel Chipping Syndrome...and I certainly would drop the grade if I knew whether the defects that I had noted in my earlier post are actually there...

Also...we are really only grading a scan on a computer screen with limited resolution and on a 2 dimensional plane....so it really comes down to how the book is veiwed in the eyes of the beholder and the grade is determined by what the beholder feels are the accumulated defects visible to the beholder....

In other words....we are guessing at "What would CGC do"???.... insane.gif

grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Further to the above point, most of the right hand edge wear appears to be a production defect due to a blunt cutter blade, and it's well documented that most of us feel that cgc doesn't downgrade too much for production defects. Hence 9-9.2...

Dan