• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Open Letter to the Moderators re: Pulling Threads

85 posts in this topic

Well, I understand where you are coming from. Your central point is that removal of an allegation without explanation leads people to think that some impropriety has taken place... that something is being hidden. I think that your point has been well made in this case. Perhaps in the future if something like this were to happen related to SS, we'll make a more appropriate statement shortly after it has been deleted.

I also get that my dry, sarcastic sense of humor is not appreciated and will strive not to make jokes in the future. :sorry: I feel like Franklin Richards in my new avatar lately, and you fellows are my HERBIE.

Well, I understand where you are coming from. Your central point is that removal of an allegation without explanation leads people to think that some impropriety has taken place... that something is being hidden. I think that your point has been well made in this case. Perhaps in the future if something like this were to happen related to SS, we'll make a more appropriate statement shortly after it has been deleted.

I also get that my dry, sarcastic sense of humor is not appreciated and will strive not to make jokes in the future. :sorry:

I liked your vague sense of humor...but maybe I am the only one who got it (shrug)

I also get that my dry, sarcastic sense of humor is not appreciated and will strive not to make jokes in the future. :sorry: I feel like Franklin Richards in my new avatar lately, and you are my Herbie.

There can only be one of these on the boards, and his name is Mr Storms :sumo:

All others are just wannabees ;)

I also get that my dry, sarcastic sense of humor is not appreciated and will strive not to make jokes in the future. :sorry: I feel like Franklin Richards in my new avatar lately, and you are my Herbie.

There can only be one of these on the boards, and his name is Mr Storms :sumo:

All others are just wannabees ;)

:hi:

Hmmm, a sarcastic smackdown lol.

I didn't think I was the master, I think the up and coming Clubber Lang of smackdowns/sarcasm is DrWatson.

I never thought of Kevin as the quiet sarcastic type, I think my opinion of him being quiet has changed :acclaim:

I had a couple of meetings this morning and when I checked the Boards this afternoon, the concretecomics/Bret Leuzinger thread was gone. While I can acknowledge that the content was inflammatory and borderline unbelieveable, yanking the thread is inexcusable.

As one that avidly collects Signature Series books, I was shocked and mortified by what I was reading. I waited, hoping that CGC would provide additional information or add something to the sordid tale. Apparently, I am to be disappointed.

I would have no problem were the thread locked, preferrably locked pending an official CGC response. But to yank the thread is an irresponsible action. And it makes CGC look as though it is more worried about a black eye than it is clearing up a serious problem with one of its products. It is a product, I might add that many of us spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars a year upon. It is a product, I might also add, that is completely dependent upon the unassailability of its guaranty of authenticity.

CGC, this is your Board. Obviously, you are free to do with it as you please. It is, however, important to understand that not all of us will be distracted by shiny objects or the next pressing thread. I, for one, am, and will remain, very interested in undersatanding what really happened with that Lee signing, and with Leutzinger/c0mic B00ks. The thread is gone. The questions remain.

Sincerely,

Sean

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. At least CGC has been told there will be litigation. This is a dispute between 2 people where CGC got dragged into the middle. There are many false statements being thrown around.

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period.

Why was this not stated in the first place. You could have informed everyone and locked the thread. You had to have known there would be questions.

Hmmm, a sarcastic smackdown lol.

I didn't think I was the master, I think the up and coming Clubber Lang of smackdowns/sarcasm is DrWatson.

I never thought of Kevin as the quiet sarcastic type, I think my opinion of him being quiet has changed :acclaim:

Hey Bob, if I get that printed on a t-shirt would you sign it in front of a CGC witness for me? :grin::wishluck:

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. That I can certainly understand. But why not tell us that?

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period. I understand and believe this as well, Paul. But if this gentleman may have engaged in impropriety so as to make himself a witness when he would not otherwise be allowed to be a witness, that, to me, is worth getting to the bottom of.

That claim should be listed under "False Statements". If it was true, of course we would address it. Quickly.

Paul,

This sounds like CGC has investigated this matter and been aware of it for some time. Would it be so difficult to state, affirmatively, that CGC has been aware of this situation for some time, has thoroughly investigated this matter and has found that there is no basis for any of the claims against Mr. Leutzinger?

That would work so much better than pulling threads without any explanation and regurgitating the 100% authenticity statement. I believe that they are 100% authentic, but I also want to know that CGC is as doggedly protective of that fact as they should be. The tiniest chink in the armor and we are going to be in the same boat as Sports memorabilia. I am not the enemy, here, my friend. I LOVE SS! I just want CGC to protect its brand and show that it does take these allegations seriously.

--Sean.

Sean,

As far as the CGC Signature Series goes, Bret has done nothing that goes against his witness agreement. However, Bret needs to take some serious steps towards bettering his reputation and cleaning up his end of this mess. He knows that I am watching him closely.

The CGC brand and the CGC Signature Series is our top priority. No witness is above it all and we are not afraid to remove a witness if necessary. I have made that clear to Bret and to all CGC witnesses. I know you are not the enemy, Sean. I know you are a strong supporter of the CGC SS, that is why I responded to you. Rest assured that we watch everything that goes on with the Signature Series very closely and we take it's reputation extremely seriously.

-Paul

Boy, wouldn't it be nice if there was a dedicated PR person for CGC under the CS umbrella.

I nominate Litch. It ain't like he's got anything else to do, now that he's been elevated to a position more in line with his stature. Plus, he write good

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. At least CGC has been told there will be litigation. This is a dispute between 2 people where CGC got dragged into the middle. There are many false statements being thrown around.

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period.

I wouldn't be so smug or certain about that if I were you! How do you explain THIS?????

671c_3.jpg

I wouldn't be so smug or certain about that if I were you! How do you explain THIS?????

671c_3.jpg

They didn't blow on it long enough before it was slabbed? (shrug)

I don't know who's lying and who's telling the truth, but I do know that the post by the guy who was not vouched for read like a textbook example of the writing from a pathological liar.

Hey guy, name-drop much? Inflate your own self-worth and aggrandise your accomplishments, possessions and interpersonal interactions much? Drop sixty words where three would do just fine much?

Not that I'm in the know or nothing. Just sayin, is all

You referring to this part in his statement lol

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, Gary Carter, Clinton Portis, Jevon Kearse, Fletcher Jones,Dale Earnhardt Sr., just to name a few. I have had very good relationships with people like Ike Perlmutter (Owner of Marvel Comics and the company’s CEO), whose home I’ve spent well over 100 hours in. I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish) they liked me enough to give me an amazing X-Mas gift, acutal original pieces of film from the Spider-Man 2 movie that they had custom framed. I’ve also sat in his office while he purchased the rights to make certain Marvel films while talking to Avi Arad over the telephone.

It's not even the string of famous and semi-famous people. It's the things like "mega yachts."

Say it again, with me;

mega.

yachts.

I dunno, maybe that's all the new rage amongst the jet-set illuminati these days. It's no longer sufficient for one to refer to his or her Palmer Johnson 120-footer, one must throw a secondary - some might say redundant or even vestigial - adjective in there, like "mega" or "ultra" or even in rare cases "super-duper-extreme-booyaaaa"

That's a good point. If I had a 120-foot Johnson, I wouldn't call it a "mega-yacht."

Actually, come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad nickname compared to some others I've heard over the years. hm

671c_3.jpg

I didn't realize that was even part of the service tier. (shrug)

671c_3.jpg

I didn't realize that was even part of the service tier. (shrug)

Oh yeah. Nobody wants their ink smeared. (thumbs u