• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

16,000 SA comics in Estate Sale ?

31 posts in this topic

We received a call from an elderly doctor to meet him and his asst. at 3 large warehouses in downtown Dallas last night to look at what we could sell for him at our next estate sale or have a sale at his warehouse . So we loaded up the car w/ wife and kids , poured us each a large cup of wine and headed down there . When he opened up the bay door , it was about the size of 1/2 a football field w/ about 100 mounted heads on one wall , including a huge moose head , buffalo , etc. , you name it . There was a giraffe from the torso up , about 15 ft. high that was the freakiest thing I've ever seen . This guy collects EVERYTHING . One 20x20 room was entirely filled with shelves of sea shells . I asked him about all these long boxes in the back corner and he said he had 16,000 SA comic books ! :o

Of course , I said Hey" ! lets look at those , and maybe we could help you out . He replied No" , I don't want to mess with those yet . let's see how you do with the other stuff 1st :cry:

:o Drinking and driving? With the kids?? (tsk)

He's from Texas. :tonofbricks:

Apparently you haven't visited the drive through liquor stores in Texas.

I have...they also have them in Wyoming :banana:

Ditto Florida :headbang:

:o Drinking and driving? With the kids?? (tsk)

He's from Texas. :tonofbricks:

Apparently you haven't visited the drive through liquor stores in Texas.

I only patronize the stores that make home deliveries. :luhv:

Kids were driving, silly. :screwy:

kids were drinking , silly ... :whistle:

I thought drinking, driving and carrying a loaded shotgun was mandatory for kids 5 years old and up in the state of Texas?

It's one of the skills tested to get a Texas driver's license.