• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM SUFFERING FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN SPOTTED FEVER...............PLEASE HELP ME

83 posts in this topic

Andrew, have you ever taken the time to compare the pedigrees to one another across the board and not just based you observations on a few representative books?

I mean the Northland SA Incredible Hulks can outdo both the PC and the WM copies, plus the Northalnd Daredevil run could give the PC set a run for its money any day.

Of course this just my opinion and I am really nobody since I didn't graduate from Furman, so what does it matter?

Who gives a hoot about Daredevil? A full run of Daredevil in 9.9 isn't a pedigree. A pedigree is a pedigree because most of the books don't have to be but usually are in high grade and because it is well rounded. If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

Action 1's weren't bought in the 30's and 40's like AF15 was bought in the 60's.

PS Where did you graduate? :gossip:

CC

Those were just examples. Never mind. You are either too young or too obtuse for a meaningful conversation. I knew better.

Where did you go to college?

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennesee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry and I have a habit of walking up behind people with rubber gloves on.

:whatev:

If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

Action 1's weren't bought in the 30's and 40's like AF15 was bought in the 60's.

CC

Oops, guess that excludes the Pacific Coast collection from pedigree status...

oooopppss. Then maybe there should be only 1 (shrug)

CC

Because of the depth and breadth of ultrahigh grade early SA issues, the PC collection is most assuredly a pedigree. Are you seriously suggesting that since the PC copy of AF15 is only a 6.5, the collection doesn't merit pedigree status?

Also, are you even aware of the grades and qualities of the early Northland and Mass FFs, JIMs, ASMs, and X-Men, or of the Western PA TOS, Flash and GL?

Andrew, have you ever taken the time to compare the pedigrees to one another across the board and not just based you observations on a few representative books?

I mean the Northland SA Incredible Hulks can outdo both the PC and the WM copies, plus the Northalnd Daredevil run could give the PC set a run for its money any day.

Of course this just my opinion and I am really nobody since I didn't graduate from Furman, so what does it matter?

Who gives a hoot about Daredevil? A full run of Daredevil in 9.9 isn't a pedigree. A pedigree is a pedigree because most of the books don't have to be but usually are in high grade and because it is well rounded. If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

CC

Those were just examples. Never mind. You are either too young or too obtuse for a meaningful conversation. I knew better.

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennesee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry and I have a habit of walking up behind people with rubber gloves on.

Which vocational college did you attend?

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennessee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry and I have a habit of walking up behind people with rubber gloves on.

Only in your dreams, long hair.

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennesee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry.

Holy mess! Right now I'm 481 PChem. Exam II is tomorrow. Go ahead test me. :cool:

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennesee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry.

Holy mess! Right now I'm 481 PChem. Exam II is tomorrow. Go ahead test me. :cool:

OK I got this one.

Which Ped is missing AF #15 in high grade?

:makepoint:

I can't wait for the Pedigree Book to Come out! :popcorn:

The only Pedigree Books I have ever owned were two PC books and they were stunning.

I really don't chase Pedigree books, however those Rocky Moutain X-men might be the best ones I have ever seen.

I def don't understand how the Winnipeg or Don Rosa got their Pedigree designation that stuff is not great what so ever. (shrug)

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennessee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry.

Heath Shuler was the best quarterback ever at UT. Better than Manning, Martin, or Kelly. Ever met Todd Helton? Nice guy and a complete badass. I went to this gym in Knoxville called the crush with Heath and saw him working out repping 325 without breaking a sweat. Later that night we saw Pearless Price at Don Poncho's Mexican and I got his autograph. Nice guy too.

So which of the following 6 SA pedigrees to you consider to be unworthy?

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

For the record, I'm willing to pay extra for high grade early SA copies from any of these 6 pedigrees, and don't consider it a waste of money in the least.

Pac Coast

White Mountain

Curator

Period.

:roflmao:

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennessee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry and I have a habit of walking up behind people with rubber gloves on.

Only in your dreams, long hair.

All of that really contributed to your successful buisness :baiting:

If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

CC

oooopppss. Then maybe there should be only 1 (shrug)

CC

Because of the depth and breadth of ultrahigh grade early SA issues, the PC collection is most assuredly a pedigree. Are you seriously suggesting that since the PC copy of AF15 is only a 6.5, the collection doesn't merit pedigree status?

Also, are you even aware of the grades and qualities of the early Northland and Mass FFs, JIMs, ASMs, and X-Men, or of the Western PA TOS, Flash and GL?

Bob, WHY are you wasting your time debating the merits of pedigrees with CC? You might as well debate neurology with him, as he probably possesses the same amount of knowledge on that subject.

Well. Another well rounded nail biter of a conversation.

Boys and girls...how about some depth as to why Peds do or do not belong as a Ped.

Okie Dokey, Roy: Northland is a pedigree collection because there are straight runs of all the early SA Marvel titles in ultra high grade. Same for the Mass and Western PA collections.

(From Doug's vault):

Hulk1NL.jpg

JIM88NL.jpg

Tha's what I'm talking about!

:golfclap:

Man I love that Hulk #1.

:cloud9:

I used to own that J.I.M. #88. It was stunning.

Pretty sure it had at least one AF15, it just wasn't high grade. I saw it back in 2001--it's free of handling defects, looking like a 9.0 or better, but it has HEAVY chipping on the right side, quite ugly because of that. CGC gave it a 6.5 if memory serves.

Well. Another well rounded nail biter of a conversation.

Boys and girls...how about some depth as to why Peds do or do not belong as a Ped.

Okie Dokey, Roy: Northland is a pedigree collection because there are straight runs of all the early SA Marvel titles in ultra high grade. Same for the Mass and Western PA collections.

(From Doug's vault):

Hulk1NL.jpg

JIM88NL.jpg

Tha's what I'm talking about!

:golfclap:

Man I love that Hulk #1.

:cloud9:

I used to own that J.I.M. #88. It was stunning.

Aren't you just the big JIM man. You owned the PC JIM #89 9.6 as well didn't you?

R.

CC

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennessee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry.

Heath Shuler was the best quarterback ever at UT. Better than Manning, Martin, or Kelly. Ever met Todd Helton? Nice guy and a complete badass. I went to this gym in Knoxville called the crush with Heath and saw him working out repping 325 without breaking a sweat. Later that night we saw Pearless Price at Don Poncho's Mexican and I got his autograph. Nice guy too.

And Heath never made it in the NFL and sells real estate now. :gossip:

Why all the excitement about HG post-1965 books? So the Census has now increased from 25 9.6 copies of a particular book from 1965, 1966, 1967 or 1968 to 26 copies? Big deal. (shrug)

Snob. Leave the plebs to their HG fodder. :baiting: