• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the lamest ASM cover?

50 posts in this topic

I'm always seeing threads about the best covers, and why not? They're cool to look at and argue about. But what was the single most uninspired or lame cover for an ASM?

I haven't given this much thought yet, but I'll throw down #10 for starters (scan stolen from comiclink!):

RAD104002008613_153820.jpg

I don't have one of these yet, and I'm keen to get one, but wow... that's a lame cover! :grin:

The Enforcers appear to be a small gang of genetically challenged petty thugs, who apparently operate within a pale greenish void. However 'merciless' they are, I just don't see them as a threat.

I'm always seeing threads about the best covers, and why not? They're cool to look at and argue about. But what was the single most uninspired or lame cover for an ASM?

I haven't given this much thought yet, but I'll throw down #10 for starters (scan stolen from comiclink!):

I don't have one of these yet, and I'm keen to get one, but wow... that's a lame cover! :grin:

The Enforcers appear to be a small gang of genetically challenged petty thugs, who apparently operate within a pale greenish void. However 'merciless' they are, I just don't see them as a threat.

I've commented on this one before, and it appears to be the result of a very short deadline after the original cover was rejected by Stan Lee (I don't have the full cover shot, see excerpt below)...and thus no background...but the most annoying thing from a compositional standpoint is the incredible 2-dimensionality of Spidey...he appears flatter than a pancake...

spideycovera660_2.jpg

2384_20051006222817_large.jpg

You can close the thread now.. :whistle:

Agreed !!! ...... :gossip:....Looks like a male stripper on stage , taking off his cosume ... meh

Not that I would know !.... :makepoint:

There was also one really lame one w/ some chubby , nerdy kid w/ like Spider slayer arms or Doc. Oak tenacles , or something like that . that was quite lame indeed ...possibly "Spidy Kid" ?? ...

It's an awkward cover because it's a bit of an after-the-fact collaboration. The Spider-Man character is drawn by Jack Kirby, the Enforcers by Ditko.

The big guy w/ the yellow shirt and gay vest looks alot like StrongGuy .......... :whistle:

Agreed !!! ...... :gossip:....Looks like a male stripper on stage , taking off his cosume ... meh

There was also one really lame one w/ some chubby , nerdy kid w/ like Spider slayer arms or Doc. Oak tenacles , or something like that . that was quite lame indeed ...possibly "Spidy Kid" ?? ...

Who's got a scan of that Mindworm cover?

Yep ! Hard to beat that one ! .... :sick:

Just terrible . .....I mean really , really , just BAD ...

I guarantee if you put that up on a new thread , that there's someone hear that loves that "unique" and "special" cover.... lol

...Doc. Oak...

Wasn't he the arch-enemy of Captain Mapleleaf? (shrug)

Remember, he was thinking about male strippers when he wrote that. :insane:

Doc Oak, Elektrode, Venerio, The "Big Man", The Kingpackage, The Handman, Rocket Racer, MyWorm...

Don't go hatin' on the Mind , fool ! ..................... :makepoint:

...Doc. Oak...

Wasn't he the arch-enemy of Captain Mapleleaf? (shrug)

Remember, he was thinking about male strippers when he wrote that. :insane:

Doc Oak, Elektrode, Venerio, The "Big Man", The Kingpackage, Rocket Racer, MyWorm...

Just don't go near the Green Goblin, OK... :eek:

Don't go hatin' on the Mind , fool ! ..................... :makepoint:

The Mindworm was so bad , that's he's actually good ! ...

Almost cult status , if you will ......... :whistle:

I think you mean this one:

1570_4_00263.jpg

This is another example of serious suckage, IMHO:

1570_4_00397.jpg