• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fixing a Miswrap

17 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a Casper #1 for quite some time now. When I got word Heritage had one in their November Auction I was thrilled. Upon further inspection I noticed that it has quite a miswrap. My question is could someone like Matt Nelson turn the book then press it to where the cover becomes back on square?

lf-4.jpg

Thanks,

CC

The cover is still cut to the book (see the white strip on the right) so if you remove the miswrap you would have a hefty overhang on the right side. I guess you could trim that off. But then you would still have to deal with the staple holes which would be out of line with the original staple placement. I guess you could fill those in and color touch them. But you would still have a big strip off the edge of the back cover. I guess you could do a piece replacement to fill that in.

Well there you go...a perfect looking Casper #1. (thumbs u

All true, I guess the point really comes to the book would become a PLOD. :(

I can't imagine any way around it. But someone more versed in resto area may be able to figure a way out by seeing something we are missing.

But I can't imagine going to all the trouble to remove a miswrap.

Sure looks like gift 8.5 to me. More like 7.0 - 7.5. Be happy.

I've never seen corners that blunted given a 8.5 . NEVER. I'm really torn as to what I'm going to do.

CC

If it were me, and I wanted the book, I would buy it. It's a nice looking book. :makepoint:

Leave the book be

Its nice AS IS

I guess; but it's like taking out a new Ferrari only find a large scratch on it as soon as you close the door.

CC

Umm no. meh I don’t think its like that at all.

First off, it’s Casper not a Ferrari. ( I might go as high as a Dodge but thats it.)

Second, you can see the miswrap/scratch so you know exactly what you are driving away with.

If you like it bid on it. If you don’t think it is an 8.5 (and I agree with you on that) then bid on it as it was a 7.0. If you get it wonderful.

Leave the book be

Its nice AS IS

I guess; but it's like taking out a new Ferrari only find a large scratch on it as soon as you close the door.

CC

How so? You already know the books flaws so would be no hidden scratch to sour the deal.

I think it is a great book regardless of the miswrap.

Leave the book be

Its nice AS IS

CC

Umm no. meh I don’t think its like that at all.

First off, it’s Casper not a Ferrari. ( I might go as high as a Dodge but thats it.)

Second, you can see the miswrap/scratch so you know exactly what you are driving away with.

If you like it bid on it. If you don’t think it is an 8.5 (and I agree with you on that) then bid on it as it was a 7.0. If you get it wonderful.

You do have a point :tonofbricks:

I shall follow your advice.

Leave the book be

Its nice AS IS

CC

CC,

I have watched St. John Caspers for ages, and owned a few different runs at some point or another. I can honestly tell you that this is about the nicest copy that you're likely to see come around, especially with OW/W pages. Despite the miswrap it's a real beauty. If you've really been wanting one pull the trigger on this, you won't regret it in the long run.

Leave the book be

Its nice AS IS

CC

CC,

I have watched St. John Caspers for ages, owned a few different runs at some point or another, and I can honestly tell you that this is about the nicest copy that you're likely to see come around. Despite the miswrap it's a real beauty. If you've really been wanting one pull the trigger on this, you won't regret it in the long run.

hm