• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What keeps you from saying "the Hell with it- I am selling my entire collection"

116 posts in this topic

More like about 20 - I've raised their grades, and they are on my for sale threads at a higher price

:kidaround:

Not the best investment stratagy I'm afraid . Wouldn't that be akin to buying a stock that the majority of people are not interested in and buying it at a premium at the top of the mkt ? .. (shrug)

And yet, there is someone bidding me up when I grab books at auction. Just yesterday on these boards, I was told that a book was available that I thought the price was excessive for, and I was contemplating whether the purchase someone else swooped in and purchased it from under my nose. :cry:

Maybe that is a good thing due to the massive economic downturn.

The thought of selling my entire collection has crossed my mind on several occassions, but I usually snap out of it a day or 2 later. My guess is that even if I sell a majority of my books to finance a major purchase (house, etc.), I'm still keeping the top 50 books that are rare or hard to replace. I'll put those puppies in a safety deposit books for a rainy day. These would include my X-Men #1 and ASM #1 books, the Edgar Church copies, and the hard to come by GGA books in 8.0 condition or better. I know these books will keep their value down the line even if the comic book market softens a little.

More like about 20 - I've raised their grades, and they are on my for sale threads at a higher price

:(

there is a lot of tounge in cheek in that comment Ken.

But I save my tongue moments only for you :foryou:, Arex :luhv:

:baiting:

p.s. I think Ken forgot about the Weird War set of about 10-12 books that I bought from him....., they are all permanently ensconced in my DC War collection...., and as for the the Arex/tongue comments, I'm serious..., <3 baybee, let's wrestle..., :sumo:

:(

there is a lot of tounge in cheek in that comment Ken.

But I save my tongue moments only for you :foryou:, Arex :luhv:

:baiting:

p.s. I think Ken forgot about the Weird War set of about 10-12 books that I bought from him....., they are all permanently ensconced in my DC War collection...., and as for the the Arex/tongue comments, I'm serious..., <3 baybee, let's wrestle..., :sumo:

doh! thats right. it's been a while :sorry: