• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody post on other sites?

14 posts in this topic

Does anybody post on other sites such as Grand Comic Database? I've just signed on myself today on their message boards. Their message board seems dead though. It's a very informative site which I suppose many of you already know. If you don't go to www.Comics.Org.

Nope. I barely have time to read the posts on these forums (after skipping pass all of greggy's emoticons), work a full-time gig & eBay part-time. Is eBay a noun or a verb? hi.gif

I work full time but I still manage to sneek in some good forum tiem every now and then

Does anybody post on other sites such as Grand Comic Database? I've just signed on myself today on their message boards. Their message board seems dead though. It's a very informative site which I suppose many of you already know. If you don't go to www.Comics.Org.

If you want intelligent conversation this is the place, other wise you can go hang out at some other boards where they aren't as cool as we are! thumbsup2.gif

If you want to chat comics, with less emphasis on slabbed books, you can try the Ebay Comics Chat. It's been around for about 5 years and has many regular contributors. Say hello and post a topic thread - the latest postings have been about identifying Action # 1s/FFEs/reprints, but you can chat about whatever you want.

Thanks Guys, I like checking out other sites , even though the people and these boards are still the Best!!! "Fun , Informative, and Intelligent Conversations all around.

I read posts on comicspriceguide.com (is that the website?)... but have never posted there. In all honesty, you seem to have a more thoughtful type of collector on these boards. There are some good posters on there as well, but what I learn here really impresses me..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally agree with you. I like checking out other message boards also, but I have the most fun here on these boards and have learned a wealth of information from you ppl. I had been browsing awhile on these boards and liked what Isaw ,the good , the bad , the different, and I'm glad I started posting with you guys ,sharing info. ,some laughs ,and dealing with like-minded ppl. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I read posts on comicspriceguide.com (is that the website?)... but have never posted there. In all honesty, you seem to have a more thoughtful type of collector on these boards. There are some good posters on there as well, but what I learn here really impresses me..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I post on there but I haven't been on there as much as here lately as most of the people on there don't seem to buy very many back issues pre 1980 and therefore the discussions often don't interest me since I haven't bought a book off the rack in over 5 years.

Yeah, we're definitely on the same wavelength...on CPG, it seems like it's mainly a bunch of teenagers talking about current stuff, and not the people collecting the classic stuff like on here....I haven't bought a new book in ages, but it actually sounds like there's some new good stuff out there I'll have to try...

We talk "off the shelf" on here too in the modern forum...I'll try to contribute more on weekly visits to the comic storre. I'm sure the biggest obstacle I run into there is posting spoilers since not everyone goes to their comic shop every Wednesday to read the latest, even me... we could post spoiler warnings but usually people just don't post on a series until a few issues into it

The Grand Comic Database boards started just a couple weeks ago which is why they are currently slow. Most discussions on GCD have been through an email list and those folks used to that don't seem anxious to start posting on threaded boards. I'm a member there. I also do the ebay boards. You can also find me at a couple of non-sport card boards. There's never a shortage of reading material. insane.gif

Some people on there can also be very naive. In a psot about most valueable comics owned somone said they have a CGC graded Tales of Suspense 1....the person neglected to mention that the book is qualified and depending on what it was qualified for it could mean a huge gap in it's value. And everyone is like wow a 9.2! Mine is only a VG. Well since there might be one major thing wrong with it wouldn't be out of the realm of possbility a VG could actually sell for more.