• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars collecting

36 posts in this topic

I just made the jump into collecting Star Wars. I have always been a fan and my son is a huge fan.

Won this on e-bay yesterday.

starwars1zg8.jpg

Figured I would start it off right. :banana: What are some of the harder issues to find in the series? Other than the 35 cent variants of course.

Lets see some pics if you have them also.

At DragonCon 08 I had my #1 CGC SS 9.6 signed by David Prowse and Peter Mayhew and this one which is up in the Gallery

That issue looks great in SS!

The white cover and yellow logo works perfectly with the Yellow label (thumbs u

Dark Horse reprinted the entire series in paperback about five years ago. Each one ran about $30. There were, I believe, seven volumes, so each one had about 15 issues or so if I remember right.

I still love the covers of this series. Sad to see my near complete set go. At least I still have 1-6.

What range are the Simonson era books? Do they have the Star Wars series in paperback like the Marvel Essentials?

Well Simonson didn't do as many of these as I originally thought. He shared art chores on issue 50 and the solo on issues 51 - 53 and 55 - 62. He was followed by Ron Frez who did a pretty good job too.

Am I the only one that hated the Infantino run ? I just didn;t care for his work on this book at all.

It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I loved the Infantino run, especially the cover to #14. Then again, I was just a kid at the time and I've got a pretty high "nostalgia factor" associated with the issues between Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back.