• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good comics for 5 year old boy

37 posts in this topic

I need some suggestions for comics for my 5 year old nephew. I guess my Brother-in-law read him a comic last night that came with his Sketchers shoes and he loved it. So, knowing that I collect comics, my Brother-in-law called me and asked if I could recommend any other comics he could read with his son.

I told him I thought Herobear and the Kid and Owly would be good choices, but he was looking for something where the hero was a young boy. I also thought that Mouse Guard might be cool, but didn't mention it as I thought it could be just a bit too violent. Off the top off my head I couldn't think of much else. He loves Star Wars, and I mentioned that they make Star Wars comics, but I didn't know whether they were appropriate for a 5 year old. He also loves the old Speed Racer cartoons and the movie Cars.

If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations for a graphic novel or comic book that would be good for a 5 year old, I would be grateful. It's been a while since I was 5.

Hmm.. Matvel and DC both have "youth" lines I believe marvel is called Marvel Adventures line, all the regular marvel guys just toned down. And DC has a teen titans book that is based more in tune with the 5-10 year old crowd. Hope this helps a bit.

Pat-

just buy up some Disney comics or Warner Bros comics in lots on ebay. You can't do better than starting them there!

Same goes with Richie Rich and Casper, et.al.

At any given moment, you can find tons of those great books in low grades, in lots, and for the cheap!

Hmm.. Matvel and DC both have "youth" lines I believe marvel is called Marvel Adventures line, all the regular marvel guys just toned down. And DC has a teen titans book that is based more in tune with the 5-10 year old crowd. Hope this helps a bit.

Pat-

My LCS has the kids comics separated from the other comics. I forgot about Teen Titans. I will mention that one to him.

just buy up some Disney comics or Warner Bros comics in lots on ebay. You can't do better than starting them there!

At any given moment, you can find tons of those great books in low grades, in lots, and for the cheap!

I was going to mention some of those, but since he didn't think his son would like Herobear or Owly, I didn't mention any other titles with animal characters.

I may just have to buy a big stack of all different stuff and let him see which one's he likes the best.

I may actually have a bunch of X-Men adventures. PM me I would donate to the cause of getting another comic book fan started.

that;s what every crack dealer says, too.

If we really cared about this kid, we would buy him a hockey stick or a baseball glove.

Richie Rich, Casper, Spooky, Hot Stuff, Baby Huey - they are all really good - short and entertaining stories.