• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shills

30 posts in this topic

For those who havent checked out the FS forum we have yet another Batman #1 for sale. This is being said to be the same copy that VT was scammed for. Now I have to wonder how shills can keep coming back ? Is there a way for the mod's to track IP address and just block it ? There has to be some way to keep the wrong element out. I mean aside from myself.

You can use any number of computers to sign in without being detected if you were formerly banned. Computer at a cafe, work, realative's house, et al. It would be impossible to track one person via various IP addresses since you can post via different locations- this is like doing mail scams using a different PO Box number every time.

Banning by IP is not the best since most people have a dynamic ip that changes everytime you reconnect the modem. So a forum admin needs to either block a whole range which means that anybody using that isp that lives in that area of the subnet would not be able to see the site. You could investagate more and try and go for the mac address and ban this but even then everyday home routers aka gateway/switches can mask their mac address. And then you can go and get a proxy from an online proxy site and enter that into your web browser and mask your ip. These are just a few of the ways to bypass it. These are all techniques that can be used over and over from the computer in your home in which you don't need to go to a cafe or anywhere else.

did Phil ever get his $4K back that the thief (who obviously never shipped the book if he is trying to sell it) stole from him (shrug)

Looks like VT recovered his funds.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2415936&fpart=30

I'm really interested to hear an update on the fraud investigation by the post office. Wouldn't the fact that this book has reappeared in a brand new slab be sufficient evidence to prove that it was never mailed to VT in the first place? That alone should be enough to see AlleyBat tossed behind bars for mail fraud.