• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a fair price for the Wolverine Mini?

25 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have been following Wolverine Mini auctions on eBay. I have seen them end anywhere from $30 dollars on up to over $100. What is a fair price for a set in 8.5-9.0? Instead of buying it back when it came out I read my buddies copies. If I only had known!

Thanks for the input!

I really wish I would of gotten in on the one that ended at $30 but the pictures were not to good so I skipped it. I have a bid in of $50 on a set that is supposedly 9.0 to 9.2 (to much?) but its eBay so who knows what they really will be in hand. I hate paying this kind of money for a comic as common as this one.

That seems like a great price. Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't the person be losing money on it after grading fees and shipping? I have never sent anything to be graded so I am rather clueless.

That happens often though--people take the gamble that grading will miraculously boost the value of their books, and now and then it does, but it's not a guarantee. So, sometime people just want to recoup some of their $$$.

By the way, where in KS are you? I was stationed in Ft. Riley and lived in Manhattan. GREAT state!

That happens often though--people take the gamble that grading will miraculously boost the value of their books, and now and then it does, but it's not a guarantee. So, sometime people just want to recoup some of their $$$.

By the way, where in KS are you? I was stationed in Ft. Riley and lived in Manhattan. GREAT state!

I lived in Manhattan for 4 years '92 to '95. I loved it there too. Of course once you get past Salina it gets to be a boring place fast. The eastern third of the state is a great place though. I live outside KC now.

I am not sure I can count on being lucky enough to pay a buck each or to get a cgc 9.6 set for $60 before the movie hype kicks in and they go for stupid money. Its just such a common book it grates on me to pay much for it! Every show I go to every dealer has several copies of it and eBay has tons of them. I guess that is true for books like Hulk 181 too :shrug:.

Which they could have avoided by doing a pre-screen.

Well I won a set for $45 dollars (with the 10% coupon) that is claimed to be in the 9.0 to 9.2 range for $45. That is only 5 bucks more than the range sakaridis gave me above so I don't feel to bad about it yet. I guess we will see if the eBay gods are on my side for once. Haven't been having much luck in the last couple months.

Which they could have avoided by doing a pre-screen.

You got to wonder who did this pre-screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolverine-Mini-Graded-Comic-3-CGC-5-0-Claremont-Miller_W0QQitemZ150148837640QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

What's the point of even submitting? The sick part? Nowhere close to the lowest on the census. That distinction? A 2.0. :o

Certainly, the image in the auction is far too small to make out any details, but on first look there doesn't seem to be anything particularly wrong with this copy that would throw it down to 5.0. (shrug)

So I'm guessing that it either has the world's fugliest back cover, or there are a couple of pages missing form the book. :P

Which once again leads us to the same conclusion: always give the book a thorough check before you submit it! :makepoint:

Well I got my set in today. They look pretty good and are in very similar condition to the set in the grading forum. I wanted a set for my collection so if I paid a little to much that's ok. Thanks for all the replys!

I lived in Manhattan for 4 years '92 to '95. I loved it there too. Of course once you get past Salina it gets to be a boring place fast. The eastern third of the state is a great place though. I live outside KC now.

I am not sure I can count on being lucky enough to pay a buck each or to get a cgc 9.6 set for $60 before the movie hype kicks in and they go for stupid money. Its just such a common book it grates on me to pay much for it! Every show I go to every dealer has several copies of it and eBay has tons of them. I guess that is true for books like Hulk 181 too :shrug:.

Those damn Kansans. (shrug)