• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just in case you need a laugh....

45 posts in this topic

Speaking of 10_2_5.gif ....

ASM 129

I think I used to own that copy... nice to see it making the ebay rounds

I can't believe that someone is bothering to even bid on that POS confused.gif

Even if the book was only 1 dollar....I would decline. That copy is not even worth the shipping fees. tonofbricks.gif

Thought you might like to share the love with this treasure from the Silver Age. I bought this in the lunchroom of PS 100 in the Bronx, in the spring of 1966. It was my first back issue purchase. It was also my first attempt at "restoration". It's part of my collection and I will never part with it.

Note the sensitive application of tape to all four sides of the book. Someone had used a hole puncher on it so my solution was to cut out pieces of index card to fill the holes and to actually redraw some of the missing cover (see the lower right corner). In the intervening years, a chunk fell out of the middle, exposing a shoe that appears about to kick Spidey in the face. The cover now has a horizontal tear about 1.5 inches from the bottom which will flap in your face if you pick the book up too quickly.

I will NEVER, EVER part with this book! There, I said it!

sm16.jpg

I'd be willing to trade you straight up for this Avengers #24......you know that there are alot of these out there as part of a recent warehouse find. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly Where in the House I found this, .....I think it was under the hot water heater.

Again, note my sensitive application of tape to 3 of the 4 sides of the cover. I can guarantee that the book has been reinforced with two extra sets of staples, so it's solid! And in the spirit of total disclosure, I am presenting this book as Restored. How 'bout it, Nearmint?

AV22.jpg

I would like to play... but my entry would have to be the nicely

framed, front cover only for Batman #4 that's in one of the local

flea markets... glued directly to a cardboard backing...

Unfortunately, they want $150...

I would like to play... but my entry would have to be the nicely

framed, front cover only for Batman #4 that's in one of the local

flea markets... glued directly to a cardboard backing...

Unfortunately, they want $150...

Ouch! That's painful just to read about!

Without knowing the rules of the game, not sure the last few entries would qualify. They are all restored albeit not very well. I think you have to have unrestored crappy copies, to truly admire how bad they are. 27_laughing.gif