• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Inner well differences on same book

14 posts in this topic

I was going through my Fallen Son Slabbed collection and noticed that some of the books have the inner well with the grooves on the corners while others have the grooveless inner well. Now I know they use the grooved one for larger and pre-modern books, but why the difference?

3 of the 25 have graded the grooves. What makes those three unique?

Yes and used a means to bring about a disscussion to see if this was unique to these books or if other have expierenced it as well. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way Kev, your almost getting as touchy as mr. Pirate :)

Contacted CGC and Gemma was kind enough to give out the answer. For those who are interested (as I was) paraphrasing Gemma

" CGC makes a decision when grading the books on which inner well the book will recieve. This varies on grade of the book,size and/or fragile nature of the book. In addition most higher graded books will recieve the inner (grooved) well".

Makes sense, thanks Gemma.

Yes and used a means to bring about a disscussion to see if this was unique to these books or if other have expierenced it as well. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way Kev, your almost getting as touchy as mr. Pirate :)

You are not rubbing me the wrong way Dan.

You asked the questions "why the inconsistency of inner wells?" and "why do some of my books have grooves and others not? " = this is not the same as "has anyone else noticed that some books have different inner wells"? These are questions (and possibly intended as criticism) about the work done by the CGC staff that encapsulate the books. They don't post on these boards.

If you really want to know the answers to your original questions, I'm saying that my original statement stands --- contact CGC directly.

Contacted CGC and Gemma was kind enough to give out the answer. For those who are interested (as I was) paraphrasing Gemma

" CGC makes a decision when grading the books on which inner well the book will receive. This varies on grade of the book,size and/or fragile nature of the book. In addition most higher graded books will receive the inner (grooved) well".

Makes sense, thanks Gemma.

There you go, hopefully that answers the question for you. Thanks Gemma.

Are you Kris's shill, brother or some other relation?