• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade for the day, To CGC or Not? that is my question!

7 posts in this topic

No...because 1970s DCs in this grade range won't be able to attract enough bidders to make it worthwhile to you. I'll be surprised if you start it off at a low bid with not reserve to have the bids even cover the grading fees. I'm a DC collector but I'm realistic about how well they will do! frown.gif

No...because 1970s DCs in this grade range won't be able to attract enough bidders to make it worthwhile to you. I'll be surprised if you start it off at a low bid with not reserve to have the bids even cover the grading fees. I'm a DC collector but I'm realistic about how well they will do! frown.gif

Thats my fear Greggy, I just don't think I can pull the attention I need to cover grade fee's and make a little cash too. foreheadslap.gif

Thats my fear Greggy, I just don't think I can pull the attention I need to cover grade fee's and make a little cash too. foreheadslap.gif

To be honest, even 9.4s are iffy now depending on the census and desireability of the book. This book, while attactive, isn't a key and wouldn't attract too much bidders even if it was in a higher grade unless the buyer wanted to have a run of them. 893frustrated.gif

You want attention, take a digital pic of the CGC slab , with a reflection of a nude you taking the pic showing up in the item glare...guaranteed hits galore... or mention something about beanies, drunkensailors, how proceeds of auction will fund your alocoholism and foolish, eccentric, gullible, conniving and greedy old ladies... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif