• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the pacific additions to the Gallery

3 posts in this topic

hi guys. has everybody seen the new additions to the gallery? some really beautiful Pacific books. Does anyone know the story with this collection, like how old this collector was when he was putting away all of these books? I have always wondered about whether these great collections were by men in their 20's and 30's, or if there were actually young kids that had the foresight to really keep these books in incredible shape. Awesome How much would a mint condition Action Comics #1 have been worth in 1964? I can't believe more than $100 ? So I am assuming that whoever preserved these comics had no idea what the eventual worth of their comics would be. Thoughts?

Finding an action 1 in 1964 would have been no easy task... that's basically before the con scene, before most dealers, WAY before eBay and the internet, before the pricing drove copies out of the woodwork, etc... I would think that trying to find one would pretty much have been a fool's errand until at least the late 60s early 70s...

Much easier if you were going to save comics to just buy the new issues.

Dan