• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff Smith OA question

11 posts in this topic

Jeff donated virtually all of his Bone art to the Ohio State University

library. I've seen a cover in a private collection, but that's about it from

the Bone line of comics. There are magazine covers and convention

program stuff buried in collections. But since they are rare and many

collectors looking for stuff, when anything is available it's VERY pricey.

John H.

Years ago I was the underbidder to a Thorn strip. The last one he wrote in the run signed and dedicated to the editor at Ohio State. I got a second chance offer when the first bidder backed out. I was leary of the second chance and didn't do it. Seller was in Germany and had a ton of Bone stuff for sale but that is all I remember. I didn't know how hard it would be to find another piece. Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

There are a couple inked pieces that he put up for auction for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund during a con in the late 90s. One was up on eBay earlier this year. The auction ended early so I think a private deal was made (it had lots of bids too). Here it is (I know you love Phoney so commence with the drooling ;) ):

phoneyfoneart.jpg

I've always read that none of the OA has left his hands. If there's a piece in a collection I'd love to know what it is. hm

There are a couple inked pieces that he put up for auction for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund during a con in the late 90s. One was up on eBay earlier this year. The auction ended early so I think a private deal was made (it had lots of bids too). Here it is (I know you love Phoney so commence with the drooling ;) ):

phoneyfoneart.jpg

I've always read that none of the OA has left his hands. If there's a piece in a collection I'd love to know what it is. hm

:o

that is awesome...Phoney is even wringing his grimy little hands :cloud9:

Buyatari,

It's lucky that you didn't win that auction.

I was going to try to win that auction but I thought I'd better e-mail Jeff.

He replied that it was a fake.

So I didn't bid.

I've seen a cover in private hands (late teens or early twenties).

It was a gift from Jeff to this person and wasn't going anywhere, so I didn't

persue it further.

John H.

I've got 3 'published' 'Bone' pieces.

1. Bone bookplate for a TPB donated at the first ACTOR auction

2. Gen 13 #13a cover by J. Scott Campbell and Jeff Smith (drawing Fone Bone).

3. Dragon*Con program piece featuring Fone Bone