• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cannot think of a better place to put money than comics and OA

62 posts in this topic

If I were rich I would be terrified that my dollars will be worthless soon. Yes I know we are in a disinflationary period but the liklihood that inflation will rob me of my dollars when this event turns would compel me to pour my dollars into comics and OA as a hedge. I am glad I am dollar poor and dont have these problems. The coming inflationary holocaust is going to be wicked.

Welcome to the boards. As much as I love comics and original art I'm not sure the collectables market is the place to be during tough times. If a guy has to choose between rent and food or comics and original art he will sell the comics and art. We may already be seeing the future of collectables, sky high prices for the best of the best and slumping demand for everything else. To me it doesn't matter, I'm still buying.

Welcome to the boards. As much as I love comics and original art I'm not sure the collectables market is the place to be during tough times. If a guy has to choose between rent and food or comics and original art he will sell the comics and art. We may already be seeing the future of collectables, sky high prices for the best of the best and slumping demand for everything else. To me it doesn't matter, I'm still buying.

Actually right now comics are a great hedge to go against the economy and the dollar. (talking about vintage goods here)

Not saying it will last, but for me I have made more money off comics in 2008 then in my whole 17 yeards of collecting.

I think the rich have more to lose than the poor. They actually have little rectangular pieces of paper with pictures of dead men on them that will soon be worth a lot less than they are now. If I was at the top 1% of rich peoples, id be buying comics and OA. Id make an offer of $30,000,000* on the Action #1 because when the dust settles, at least you have an Action #1 as opposedd to mere pictures of dead white men on rectangular pieces of paper.

* I imagine 30 M would do the trick, right?