• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cannot think of a better place to put money than comics and OA

62 posts in this topic

I think the rich have more to lose than the poor. They actually have little rectangular pieces of paper with pictures of dead men on them that will soon be worth a lot less than they are now. If I was at the top 1% of rich peoples, id be buying comics and OA. Id make an offer of $30,000,000* on the Action #1 because when the dust settles, at least you have an Action #1 as opposedd to mere pictures of dead white men on rectangular pieces of paper.

* I imagine 30 M would do the trick, right?

Perhaps yer right but right now the market is voting for the U.S. $$. I've been waiting years for the American economy to crater and it's happened. I figured the U.S. $$ would suffer and gold would spike, boy I'm wrong so far. Will the future be inflation or deflation?

Perhaps but I've seen a few selling threads with pretty nice stuff struggle lately. Also seems to be a lot of selling threads lately.

You also have to look at whether the sellers are asking too much as well.

Plus you only have about 100-150 people online at a given time, so its not like all the comic collectors are given the fighting chance either.

I think the rich have more to lose than the poor. They actually have little rectangular pieces of paper with pictures of dead men on them that will soon be worth a lot less than they are now. If I was at the top 1% of rich peoples, id be buying comics and OA. Id make an offer of $30,000,000* on the Action #1 because when the dust settles, at least you have an Action #1 as opposedd to mere pictures of dead white men on rectangular pieces of paper.

* I imagine 30 M would do the trick, right?

Perhaps yer right but right now the market is voting for the U.S. $$. I've been waiting years for the American economy to crater and it's happened. I figured the U.S. $$ would suffer and gold would spike, boy I'm wrong so far. Will the future be inflation or deflation?

Make no mistake about it - the future is inflation. This disinflationary period WILL end. Its not a question of if, its a question of when. I love gold too - buy as long as it keeps going down. Physical only.

Perhaps but I've seen a few selling threads with pretty nice stuff struggle lately. Also seems to be a lot of selling threads lately.

Plus you only have about 100-150 people online at a given time, so its not like all the comic collectors are given the fighting chance either.

I was eyeing a few Timelys that were way over guide. I kept wanting to pull the trigger but while I don't mind paying a premium for hard to find books I didn't want to pay almost double guide.

I was eyeing a few Timelys that were way over guide. I kept wanting to pull the trigger but while I don't mind paying a premium for hard to find books I didn't want to pay almost double guide.

Take it from a Timely collector...if you aren't paying double guide you aren't collecting Timelys.

I think that's the whole point, John.

What was 'the right price' six months ago is now 'too much'. (thumbs u

The right price 6 months ago is still too high on HG books.

Either you price books to sell or you price them to sit.

Alot of those buy it now books, especially on eBay are priced to sit for a long time even when you submit a realstic offer.

Some of the really good seller have amazing stuff but they want unrealistic prices.

I am not going to pay lets say a CAP America #101 CGC 9.4 priced at what the same book would go for in CGC 9.6.

Take it from a Timely collector...if you aren't paying double guide you aren't collecting Timelys.

That would explain why I only have one, and I love it dearly, but I believe only one Timely in 2 selling threads sold. Perhaps the market has changed?

I think that's the whole point, John.

What was 'the right price' six months ago is now 'too much'. (thumbs u

The right price 6 months ago is still too high on HG books.

Either you price books to sell or you price them to sit.

Alot of those buy it now books, especially on eBay are priced to sit for a long time even when you submit a realstic offer.

Some the really good sellers amazing stuff but they want unrealistic prices.

I am not going to pay lets say a CAP America #101 CGC 9.4 priced at what the same book would go for in CGC 9.6.

It seems like I've seen more sales threads and more timelys at some of the dealer sites. As more books enter the market, shouldn't prices fall due to competition?

I kind of hope the economic panic induces a release of a lot of the GA books sitting in people's collections and a overall reduction in prices, alot of these people would end up in a "buy high and selling low" scenario...hopefully I'll be there to buy low, hold until end of crisis and sell high (if I ever sold).

If I ever sold. Music to my ears, I don't even sell my undercopies, sigh.

:hi: HT

I just sold some of my ECs, some did well and others I took a beating. I'd rather hold, hold, hold. I've stopped buying (except I just got a nice treasury Batman v. Incredible Hulk) and I've started saving for more high end purchases based on hopes that prices will come down in my above-outlined scenario.

I just sold some of my ECs, some did well and others I took a beating. I'd rather hold, hold, hold. I've stopped buying (except I just got a nice treasury Batman v. Incredible Hulk) and I've started saving for more high end purchases based on hopes that prices will come down in my above-outlined scenario.

:shy:

I'm building up my savings for a ginormous, for me anyways, key purchase but I keep bleeding $$ for small buys. I've got batches from 3 sellers on the way. Granted, I'm looking forward to all of my new buys but it is sure hard to look the other way when I spot a selling thread.

I'm building up my savings for a ginormous, for me anyways, key purchase but I keep bleeding $$ for small buys. I've got batches from 3 sellers on the way. Granted, I'm looking forward to all of my new buys but it is sure hard to look the other way when I spot a selling thread.

Its all about discipline :sumo:

Bonds - low yields [maybe Municipals but still default risk in this environment]

Stocks - you must be kidding

CD's - Again, low yields.

Cash - I guess before inflation sets in it will be king, but its reign is limited and coming to an end.

Im sorry,.........but I really like comics and OA.

Its all about discipline :sumo:

Now I know my problem. :acclaim: