• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE PRICES-PRETTY WEAK

21 posts in this topic

Reserve, or bump prices, were too high. I don't think many consignors were committed to actually selling their books this time around. IMO was a very poor Signature Auction both for quality books, and the reserves.

Brian

Reserve, or bump prices, were too high. I don't think many consignors were committed to actually selling their books this time around. IMO was a very poor Signature Auction both for quality books, and the reserves.

Brian

Ditto. Here's hoping the Feb Sig. auction will be more appealing both comics-wise & price-wise 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just posted this in the Golden Age forum too, but this was the only book I think I won. Most of the other books sold for crazy prices, or their reserves were way too high and they didn't sell. This books for $395 in VF, and I won it for $317! You might be seeing it soon on Ebay. 893whatthe.gif

rulah19.jpg

You should check your bids on Heritage. I thought I'd won 2 auctions, but "amazingly" I was outbid about a day after bidding ended on the items. smile.gif

Brian

Because the Heritage website bidding ended before both the Ebay "extension" and the Live Auction?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book I "won" wasn't on eBay live. Not to mention the claim was that the floor bidding was done the day prior? Either way, it's not too much of a loss. Would've liked to get the book, but I'll definately run into it again smile.gif

Brian

The book I "won" wasn't on eBay live. Not to mention the claim was that the floor bidding was done the day prior? Either way, it's not too much of a loss. Would've liked to get the book, but I'll definately run into it again smile.gif

Brian

Which "session" were you bidding on? I got boned on some stuff myself AFTER the internet bidding closed... this, of course, happened today. 893frustrated.gif

I thought prices were very weak on most books and there are plenty of books on their "Post auction bargains for direct sale" site. I didn't observe many "crazy" prices, except on a couple of the Mile High Targets and a few other books. I also noticed a definite trend in this auction toward higher grade books, which put a lot of stuff out of my price range. I did win the All American 6.0 for 780 with the hit, (guide is 835) and was happy with that.

I did not think they had a large selection of silver this time - some extremely high grade Spideys but very litle in the way of other key Marvel like Hulk, FF, Thor etc. Am surprised the prices were not higher though considering how hot ebay has been. I recently won a 9.2 Avengers 4 on ebay for $2600 and saw their copy was a good bit below that. When people start seeing that better prices can be obtained on ebay or at other sites, I wonder how much longer they will consign silver and bronze? I also noticed that there is a ton of posters and art that did not sell.

Again not sure if I won or not due to floor bidding but looking at "my bids" I still have this beautiful X-Men #12 in the green. Not much to say but I never thought I'd get a price like this. Under guide baby!!!!

Eric

The selection this time 'round was pretty poor as far as my tastes are concerned. Lots of esoteric (non-DC or Marvel) Golden Age in ultra high grade, but not a big SA selection or "affordable" Timely's. There was only really one book that I would have been in the game for, and it sold for well above what I thought was a realistic price.

I think there are better deals on the Amazing auctions anyhowser!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh 27_laughing.gif I guess that would matter huh? It was a VF/NM 9.0 ow with perfect centering $380 plus the juice makes it $427 I think. Guide is $485. Not rare by any means though if you look at the census it is like the 30th best copy wink.gif

Eric

I 'think' I won my first two pieces from Heritage today..but then again I'm not quite sure confused-smiley-013.gif

I placed bids on three pieces of original art in their November Comic Auction, lost one, and was not outbid on eBay or during the floor auction on the other two.

But the live auction ended the 21st (on-site ended the 20th) and so far I've received no emails etc...

When I go to the 'My bids' portion of their site these 2 pieces are still in green, so I assume I won....

Any idea from you Heritage Veterans when I will get some info from them...

Most of the Silver and Bronze comics sold unless the reserves were over market. I wanted about a dozen items, but as I often do when they have these signature auctions, I miscalculated the ending day for Silver books--I was planning to do my bidding Saturday morning but the bidding ended Friday night. How silly of me to miscalculate that information which was listed nowhere on the site that I ever found. From the final prices paid I only woulda won one or two books anyway...the books I wanted were all a bit over ebay market prices.