• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Heritage vs E-Bay auction thought

1 post in this topic

I think back to the comparison of the advantages of listing books on Heritage vs E-Bay (merchandising/security vs price) after witnessing the auction results from this weekend. I wondered how many sellers would have been better off selling the books on E-Bay vs Heritage on a net price basis? I don't know the details as to whether some sellers listed 10 books and simply wanted the ease and peace of mind in the sale. I just think of how many potential buyers on this site would have bought books that would have netted the seller more than he received? There were

three books offered on Heritage that I wound up as the second highest bidder. On those books I was outbid by an average of 4%. If the books were on E-Bay as a limit auction I probably would have bought the books. If no one bid, how much wold the buyer be out? Three dollars? He could always have listed the books on Heritage in the next go around.