• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New feature in my Special offers section coming

24 posts in this topic

I'm currently looking to incorporate Lot's into my Special Offers section of the website.

I'm looking for some feedback on Lot sizes since I will be the one who can determine how many books will go into each Lot.

Do people have a preference? Would 5 books in each lot work or would people prefer more in each one?

Would people like to see high grade lots?

Would people be interested in buying runs of books?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Depending on price and condition, the lots could be anywhere from three to ten books. I'd like to see them grouped logically if possible, like a complete story or story arc. For short runs, if you could offer the entire run at once, that would also be good.

I'd be interested in high grade books. Runs also since I'm a reader and like to get complete stories if possible.

How about a feature that allows us to pick any five books from your site and automatically get a five book bulk lot discount.

Yeah, that's what I would suggest! (thumbs u

Bob,

I'd recommend posting runs.

1) If you are looking to move volume of inventory, this is the most effective method to me.

2) When people buy lots, you are appealing to someone who doesn't want to go on a hunt. For instance, buying Defenders 1-143 sounds better than buying Defenders 40-50.

3) The other kind of lot is by story arc: for silver you might advertise a low grade Kirby Thor run for example. Or Thor 337-380 (Simonson). Whatever... just make it easy for someone to pick up a classic run.

I've found that many people like full runs.

I've always wished I could charge extra for all the time and effort put into obtaining complete runs, instead of selling them at wholesale prices.

One idea would be themed lots: Scuba covers, Wedding covers, Flamethrower covers

- the list is almost endless. This way, you can group together single comics that may not fit into other, larger, lots

As far as gallery photos go, lots of 2, 4, 6, 9, 12 and 16, books are more appealing to look at because the aspect ratio is very similar to the camera frame and they look symmetrical.

(Of course, with larger lots, use several photos to show them. Any photo with more than 16 comics in it doesn't help as much as ones with fewer comics in it.)

Great idea, Bob. This was the main selling point for SNE, as far as I am concerned.

Especially in mid and low grade lots. I don't like paying shipping on one book for 12 bucks. I much prefer buying midgrade late SA and BA in lots.

I suggest on mainline SA and BA titles, in mid and low grades, lots of ten. I don't mind buying dupes of two or three books out of ten if I am filling the other seven holes.

I suggest larger lots, even full runs, into Coppers and Moderns. For example, I'm holding out for all sorts of minor Spidey runs and plan on buying them a run at a time.

Nate

You should consider shipping volume when coming up with lot sizes - how many will fit into a priority envelope, into a priority box, etc. You may kick yourself later if you sell lots of 20 comics each and then have to wrack your brain about how you're going to mail them.

I'm not sure I could find ten books at one time that I would want from Bob's site. hm

:baiting:

I wish I could say that. I hand over a chunk of change to the Blazing One more often than I care to admit. He's an ennabler, that one. Now he wants to start me mainlining on highly addictive runs of books, not just individual rocks of crack.

Bob, why don't you put a total inventory bulk price feature up. Then, on the off chance someone wants everything, you can sell it all.