• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Opinions

21 posts in this topic

I'm in the throes of listing a bunch of stuff on eBay and I'm looking for some honest opinions on a few things.

When it comes to eBay listings, do you think it's OK if the seller does NOT offer an unconditional full refund/money back option.

Does this open the seller up to so much c ra p?

I would expect a refund if I get a comic with the centre-fold missing and I wasn't told, but I wouldn't expect any sort of reimbursment if it's half a grade off. I say VF/NM, you say VF+ !!

That sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Thanks.

I think you should give the members of the boards first crack at these books in the sales forum :baiting:

but on ebay...when I sell raw books...I always put "no refunds (but have been known to make exceptions, within reason)

I would think that no refunds, except when somethings gone really wrong, would be the way to go.

But I see auctions that state "money back if you're not happy", without any sort of qualification!!

By the way, I would love to put the books in the sales forum, but for two things:

1. Most of the stuff's from 1985-2000. I don't see that stuff selling too well here. I may be wrong, but the second point is...

2. I'm in Australia. US$5.00 to get one book shipped to North America!! (That's packaged properly! I could do it cheaper, but I won't!!)

Thanks.

I'm in the throes of listing a bunch of stuff on eBay and I'm looking for some honest opinions on a few things.

When it comes to eBay listings, do you think it's OK if the seller does NOT offer an unconditional full refund/money back option.

Does this open the seller up to so much c ra p?

I would expect a refund if I get a comic with the centre-fold missing and I wasn't told, but I wouldn't expect any sort of reimbursment if it's half a grade off. I say VF/NM, you say VF+ !!

That sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Thanks.

To each his own but every raw book I list on ebay has the following line in the description.

Buy with confidence. 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. Buyer is responsible for return postage.

To each his own but every raw book I list on ebay has the following line in the description.

Buy with confidence. 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. Buyer is responsible for return postage.

But you include a little qualifying statement as well...

"Buyer is responsible for return postage."

Is that really 100% money back, or is it 100% - the cost of postage?

This just may be one of the compromises I'm looking at.

check out the are you awake thread....

I just bought a book missing the centerfold....

I personally offer the unconditional return policy on books I sell, as I would want return customers.

Money back guarantee includes cost of item and shipping cost, 100% of amount paid. Does not include cost of return postage.

check out the are you awake thread....

I just bought a book missing the centerfold....

I personally offer the unconditional return policy on books I sell, as I would want return customers.

That's the sort of thing that I'm talkin' 'bout!

The auction didn't mention that the centre-fold was missing.

That's a obvious mistake by the seller and you would be in the right to ask for a full refund.

But, if you bought a book that mentioned a 3 inch spine tear in the auction description, and when you got it, you measured said spine tear, and it was actually a 3.5 inches, you wouldn't ask for a refund, would you?

Money back guarantee includes cost of item and shipping cost, 100% of amount paid. Does not include cost of return postage.

Sorry, I'm not following you here...

"...guarantee includes cost of item and shipping cost

"Does not include cost of return postage."

If it does not include cost of return postage, then the buyer is out of pocket, therefore the money you give back would not include the shipping cost.

If it does not include cost of return postage, then the buyer is out of pocket, therefore the money you give back would not include the shipping cost.

You must be a rocket scientist to have cracked this riddle. What was your first clue? Buyer is responsible for return postage.

Please show me ONE ebay seller that offers to eat the cost of postage both ways.

I offer to eat the cost of postage both ways, and I know other comic book sellers on eBay who offers the same money back guarantee. The exact text in my auctions reads:

"Full refund, including shipping both ways, if you are not satisfied with the comic. I’m not happy unless you’re happy!"

I personally feel that this approach encourages bidding and return customers. And just for the record, after over ten years on eBay and over 1,500 auctions, I've never had an item returned for a refund once.

I think you should give the members of the boards first crack at these books in the sales forum :baiting:

but on ebay...when I sell raw books...I always put "no refunds (but have been known to make exceptions, within reason)

I would think that no refunds, except when somethings gone really wrong, would be the way to go.

But I see auctions that state "money back if you're not happy", without any sort of qualification!!

By the way, I would love to put the books in the sales forum, but for two things:

1. Most of the stuff's from 1985-2000. I don't see that stuff selling too well here. I may be wrong, but the second point is...

2. I'm in Australia. US$5.00 to get one book shipped to North America!! (That's packaged properly! I could do it cheaper, but I won't!!)

Thanks.

I do the "no refunds on CGC graded books" and 1 week no questions asked return on books I grade. But I do state they at least need to let me know within a week - they can't buy something and sit on it for a month then decide to return it - chances are I've already spent the money!

Shawn

You must be a rocket scientist to have cracked this riddle. What was your first clue? Buyer is responsible for return postage.

Please show me ONE ebay seller that offers to eat the cost of postage both ways.

:hi:

I have, in the couple of times I've refunded a book..

I always say 'no refunds; no returns' in my listings. I missed a loose centerfold once and did take that back. It's all a matter of how reasonable you are... I found saying 'no refunds' chases away some abusive buyers.

:shy:

:shy:

Although having said that, I no longer sell on eBay, as it's populated by -wits. :whistle: