• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Ship a Slab?

44 posts in this topic

My way is similar.

Cardboard around either side of the slab.

Wrap in small amount of bubblewrap to keep the sandwich together.

Drop into box and surround well with Styrofoam peanuts.

The peanuts absorb shock better than anything else as they act like a liquid and not like a solid the way bubblewrap does.

^^

And I think you need to order that size Priority Box, usually the Post Office doesn't stock them.

Yep - but at least you can order 500 at a time :)

2 Boxes!

I bubble wrap the slab and put newspaper at the bottom of (1092)box and then take newspaper to surround the book as well.A little more paper at top of book. Close box.

I assemble the (1095) box and wad two pieces of newspaper at the bottom. Insert box #1 into box #2 wad two more pieces of newspaper, close box and send.

The boxes will be delivered to your house for free, and use old packing material when relevant.

I have not paid any money for any packing materials in at least a year.

Not one complaint about packing in maybe 200 ebay transactions.

My way is similar.

Cardboard around either side of the slab.

Wrap in small amount of bubblewrap to keep the sandwich together.

Drop into box and surround well with Styrofoam peanuts.

The peanuts absorb shock better than anything else as they act like a liquid and not like a solid the way bubblewrap does.

R.

Yep, it is better to still use a cardboard sandwich first, as this is what really keeps the case from cracking. There's nothing you can really do about the comic moving around inside the inner well, except to pack so there is no movement whatsoever within the box.

-D

Use the free Priority Mail boxes (not the flat-rate ones, these ones or these ones), wrap your book in one layer of bubble wrap (so it won't get scratched), and then fill the box with the styrofoam peanuts.

The peanuts make sure that any impact is absorbed, so the book in the inner well doesn't move around - it's a much better way than multiple layers of bubblewrap.

I prefer the #1095 box.

Board member Timmay should weigh in here. Anyone who has has received a slab from him will probably tell you he is the best slab packer around. Another board member used the extra foam padding to refurbish a couch. lol

Can you say slab packer on a public message board?

I wrap the slab with whatever packing material I have on hand. Put it in a 1092 box and then put that in a 1095 box with peanuts on either end.

That would explain the last book I got from you being cover in Bacon.

BTW I do the same with the double boxing when I have them available. If not I actually extend the 1092 box an extra inch to add additional padding.

Hey guys,

My question is, what is the best way to ship a slab to keep the comic from moving at all, including in the inner well. There are plenty of cases of SCS and other defects affecting a book in a slab by the way it was handled and shipped. I will be shipping out my first slab or two, and I want to ensure the buyer receives the book as I sent it. Any advice would be great. Do you guys find a way to stabilize the inner well, or just pack it nicely and send it out?

Thanks in advance. (thumbs u

are you serious, evan? how big of a noobie are you? doh!

what's next? you gonna ask how to hold a comic so you can read it? lol

Hey guys,

My question is, what is the best way to ship a slab to keep the comic from moving at all, including in the inner well. There are plenty of cases of SCS and other defects affecting a book in a slab by the way it was handled and shipped. I will be shipping out my first slab or two, and I want to ensure the buyer receives the book as I sent it. Any advice would be great. Do you guys find a way to stabilize the inner well, or just pack it nicely and send it out?

Thanks in advance. (thumbs u

are you serious, evan? how big of a noobie are you? doh!

what's next? you gonna ask how to hold a comic so you can read it? lol

Your a tool. Everybody else was nice enough to chime in, but 4 pages deep you decide to poke fun. Get a life Phiphag

i almost fell out of my chair when i realized it was YOU who made the thread :)

i had forgotten that you were a slabless raw-monger until recently..

and chill...no reason to get pissy :) what about my post has anything to do with the status of my life, or lack thereof? hm if i recall correctly, you are the one who lives with his brother's girlfriend...i live with MY girlfriend and my brother :)

go read those free invincible books i sent ya ;) my fav run...

So its pretty much use the "other" Priority box and either lots of thick bubble wrap or bubble wrap and p-nuts

Since the Bats 608 that I bought from you isn't slabbed, please use double or triple the padding and cardboard so the comic won't get banged around. ;)

So its pretty much use the "other" Priority box and either lots of thick bubble wrap or bubble wrap and p-nuts

Since the Bats 608 that I bought from you isn't slabbed, please use double or triple the padding and cardboard so the comic won't get banged around. ;)

lol No worries my man.. Thats what insurance is for :insane:

Or better yet, get it slabbed for me then use your new found shipping techniques and put them to the test ....

Or better yet, get it slabbed for me then use your new found shipping techniques and put them to the test ....

Great idea.

Then if it DOES get a 9.8 tell BG it was lost in shipping, and refund money. Then PM me to turn a better profit lol

Great idea.

Then if it DOES get a 9.8 tell BG it was lost in shipping, and refund money. Then PM me to turn a better profit lol

:roflmao: