• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hush" CGC Collection -- It Has Begun!

28 posts in this topic

Because even when you were 8 yrs. old, you were an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and you're still an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who collects bulk Dakota North and Speedballs. How's your website by the way? Poof, gone, like your yourself.

Because even when you were 8 yrs. old, you were an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and you're still an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who collects bulk Dakota North and Speedballs. How's your website by the way? Poof, gone, like your yourself.

What's your problem?

Your problem is that you started w/ the insults yesterday and you can't seem to take it. Keep flappin' your lips behind the keyboard tough guy. insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Keep tossing the personal insults, and I'm sure CGC will be laying down the strikes in very short order.

I don't think anyone on here would miss you.

Was this necessary? I thought what Joe said was 100% reasonable. I, too, read comics as a kid for the shear enjoyment of the stories. Mints were candy, comics were over-read, curled in a pocket, drawn on, and cherished like other favorite books (not for condition, but for what was inside). If that makes Joe and I "insufficiently_thoughtful_persons", then why did we both grow up to be so darn smart? Perhaps it had something to do with unleashed imaginations? Or the ability to see beyond a cover and find the treasures of great storytelling and wonderful art?

Look, I have no problems with people who collect for condition. It's their life, let them collect what they want to. But I do have problems when people try to determine which series are "acceptable" to collect, or in what condition those comics have to be. ALL conditions are acceptable and ALL comics are acceptable: slabbed, raw, high grade, low grade, unrestored, restored, gem mint, coverless, DC, Marvel, and everything in between. Somewhere there is a collector who'll want the book.

I'm sick and tired of people with grudges just trolling the forum, eager to put others down at the drop of a hat. I realize Joe can be contentious on occasion. But it's not all the time, and it's not always unjustified. All of us here have the right to speak our minds, even you, CGCMint. But on this occasion, I feel you are the one deserving of your own epithet, because you have called someone an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for reading and enjoying comics when he was a child.

-- Joanna

Joanna,

If you don't remember, Joe C. started w/ the insults and then he cries wolf to the moderators. He can dish the insults but he can't take them and then he sulks for a few months and comes back.

John