• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with ASM 568 sketch version?

5 posts in this topic

Folks,

There are a bunch of versions of ASM 568, but what's the scoop on the different sketch version? There appears to be a rare 1:50 version with the Marvel Variant logo on the lower left corner, and a more recent version given out at conventions with the barcode on the lower left. Anyone know the scoop? Thanks...

V/R,

Mike

I think that's all there is to it Mike. The one with the barcode is the one given away at conventions. I think TorontoCon was the first. Maybe Baltimore as well.

The other one without the barcode is the 1:50.

Everyone selling these lists them both as the sketch edition. I can't tell how CGC is distinguishing between the two, or even if they are.

I think that's all there is to it Mike. The one with the barcode is the one given away at conventions. I think TorontoCon was the first. Maybe Baltimore as well.

The other one without the barcode is the 1:50.

Everyone selling these lists them both as the sketch edition. I can't tell how CGC is distinguishing between the two, or even if they are.

That's what I don't understand--why isn't CGC distinguishing between the two? I bought a copy that showed the photo of the actual rare version, and of course, I was sent the con version. The guy gave me some of my money back, but he acted like he didn't know what was up. I much prefer Marvel stamping the version on the front as they have been doing lately on some of their books.

V/R,

Mike

One would most likely be marked as a "Con Edition" and the other would not.

One would think that, but CGC is not marking them that way. At least not based on what's on eBay so far. Perhaps this one snuck by CGC...

V/R,

Mike