• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Praise of Doug Sulipa

53 posts in this topic

Probably half of my "keeper" part of my collection is from Doug, He truly is a gracious man and really does love dealing with comics and it shows.

When Josh "Skinnywhiteboy" and I visited Doug's Warehouse, Doug took most of the day including breakfast to spend time with us and let us geek out. Man, it really was like two kids in a candy store. Great guy, lots of fun to hang out with. (thumbs u

It has all been said here already, but I will add my own vote to the tally. Doug Sulipa is the best dealer in the industry for buying raw silver, bronze, or copper age books, magazines, and weird, oddball stuff. He's the tightest grader of any dealer I've ever dealt with. And a super nice guy to boot!

Bringing this thread back, as I've just read it. Doug really is the best. He answers his emails within a day, sometimes within hours, and just as the above posters have said, his grading is off the charts. You may pay a little more, but you know exactly what you're getting. I've bought many books from him , sent a lot of them to CGC, and every last one of them graded at or a grade higher than what he sold the books as. Ships fast, (as fast as you can get from Canada) and is a good guy in general. That, and his in depth year in review in Overstreet is one of the highlights for me.

I concur with FK. Doug is off da hook on the grader's chart. I really wish his inventory was online is my only wish list...but you ALWAYS get what you pay for with Doug. Great grader for those who want tightly graded raw books. I'd say his grading surpasses CGC on toughness.

Just realized this thread was revived...but it's still true!

I concur with FK. Doug is off da hook on the grader's chart.

The interesting thing is, Doug is an old school dealer. He has been around for a long time. Not all of these old school dealers were able to adapt their grading skills into the CGC era. Doug has done a great job.

I recall speaking to Doug on the phone a few years back, and reminiscing about when there were three grades: GD, FN and NM.

The interesting thing is, Doug is an old school dealer. He has been around for a long time. Not all of these old school dealers were able to adapt their grading skills into the CGC era. Doug has done a great job.

I recall speaking to Doug on the phone a few years back, and reminiscing about when there were three grades: GD, FN and NM.

Just saw this thread and wanted to add my 2c Doug is indeed a tight grader and good person to buy from. Yes, his website is ugly but he answers e-mails quickly.

He is also a very nice guy. I saw him at a local show a few months back and while he really does not know me well, he, Ferd Bernjak and I ended up talking about comics for and hour. He and Ferd have lots of great stories to tell.

I remember those days...., ;)

I bought this book from him for my Marvel SA First Issues set ... incredibly tough to find.

Spoke with him on the phone. Very nice fellow, always prompt to answer all emails and requests.

A+ seller in my book. :applause:

126057.jpg.93a6cc330d792a7960396cc50baaa742.jpg