• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using a coupon for submission

15 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm thoroughly frustrated. In the grading area, I started a thread asking for opions on one of my comics. Two young bucks (greggy & Pov) went antler to antler over the grade and the result was the 1st Annual CGC Showdown. They made a bet, and my job is to send in the book to see what grade it'll get. Pov sent me his comic-quest coupon as part of the bet.

My membership in the collector's society has lapsed and I haven't the bucks to renew, so I can't use my old membership number to submit via CGC. I went to Heritage to use their submittal form, but when I put in that I'm using a coupon, the system sends to me a page with nowhere to go, no form to fill in and therefore, no way to send in the book. Has anyone used one of these coupons and succeeded? How do you do it? Do you pretend you don't have a coupon so it'll spit you to the proper screen, or do you use something other than Heritage? I just don't know how to get the dang form to show up so I can fill it out and get this beauty to CGC. Any help?

-- Joanna

What coupon link? Just fill it out normally and include the letter with the submission form. Cross out the part for the amount owing and note that it is for a free submission. The accounting department will just charge you for the shipping! frown.gif

What coupon link? Just fill it out normally and include the letter with the submission form. Cross out the part for the amount owing and note that it is for a free submission. The accounting department will just charge you for the shipping! frown.gif

There's a button that asks if you have a coupon. I said yes because I figured, "Hey, look! There's a button in case you have a coupon. And here I am with a coupon! I think I'll press it." But it's a trap, I tell ya! A trap! They don't want you to use a stinkin' coupon! They pretend they do -- "Oh, sure, we'll put in a button to sucker them into thinking we're all about allowing coupons here and then we'll have them because THERE'S NOTHING THERE BUT A HOWLING WIND, AN EMPTY SCREEN AND MANIACAL LAUGHTER!!!!"

So you're recommending I pretend I don't have a coupon, right? Okee doke. I'll try that.

-- Joanna

I have no idea, but your sig line is deeply offensive to my pretty cowboy sensibilities!

I have changed it, because it was never my intention to offend you, Bucky. Now hit the range, cuz those doggies ain't gonna herd themselves to slaughter!

-- Joanna

I have no idea, but your sig line is deeply offensive to my pretty cowboy sensibilities!

You...sir....are a dork! mad.gif

Let's dismiss with the formalities. You may call me High Lord MajorKhaos.

And your name shall be "Greggy the Self-Flagellator".... or maybe "He Who Self-Flagellates in Perpetuity"?

Hell, it's your name. You pick!

And your name shall be "Greggy the Self-Flagellator".... or maybe "He Who Self-Flagellates in Perpetuity"?

893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif Khaos is using the TJ method. Throwing out words hoping that no one calls him on it! angel.gif

I have changed it, because it was never my intention to offend you, Bucky. Now hit the range, cuz those doggies ain't gonna herd themselves to slaughter!

-- Joanna

Now I am even MORE offended... but I find myself marginally titillated as my reputation for cruelty and spite will now precede me wherever I go... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif Khaos is using the TJ method. Throwing out words hoping that no one calls him on it! angel.gif

893frustrated.gif

Okay, greggy, I tried it your way. And you know what? I still got the SCREEN THAT LEADS NOWHERE!!!!

I now have officially filled out the freaking sassle-frassle shipping form 14 times and I am still no closer to getting to an actual submission form.

I did, however, somehow get shunted to a coinee form with a bunch of submission tiers I've never heard of. My celebration was short-lived as I realized that my comic would be ruined if it were crammed into one of those teeny weeny coin holders.

How the heck do you get a freaking submission form to show up????

thumbsup2.gif I think the "coupon button" is for Heritage-doled discount vouchers, not the CGC letter for a free standard submission. Cross out the bottom line and note that it is for a free sub. then include the letter and you'll get charged for shipping only.

thumbsup2.gif I think the "coupon button" is for Heritage-doled discount vouchers, not the CGC letter for a free standard submission. Cross out the bottom line and note that it is for a free sub. then include the letter and you'll get charged for shipping only.

Actually, I got it to work. I used the coupon button and was able to make a genuine order form without a charge for the grading. I finally figured out my problem (and yes, I was being a doofus -- probably because I haven't had any sleep) and then everything went smoothly. I'll be shooting this bad girl out today, and soon we shall declare a winner of the 1st Annual CGC Showdown.

-- Joanna