• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with a grading issue with Savage Sword of Conan staple hole defect or tear?

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a very nice Savage Sword of Conan #1 with one issue the staple edge poked through the Front cover! I would grade it a 8 due to the ink smudge but not sure how to grade the staple hole (top staple)

My question is will this be considered a bindery defect or a tear? (shrug)

Thanks for the help.

Bernard

SavageSwordofConan1.jpg

SavageSwordofConan12ndscan.jpg

SavageSwordofConan1BackCover.jpg

Looks nicer than an 8.0 . . . and that appears to be fingerprinting on the BC :grin:

Thank you, I tried the grading thread as well and very little response. So I appreciate your input. Do you grade finger printing different from stain/smudge?

Looks nicer than an 8.0 . . . and that appears to be fingerprinting on the BC :grin:

Thank you, I tried the grading thread as well and very little response. So I appreciate your input. Do you grade finger printing different from stain/smudge?

No. :grin:

This is actually a good question but I don't know the answer. I was recently wondering the same thing...I've got a Marvel GS book where the end of the staple is ever so slightly protruding out of the back cover. My instinct tells me this is a production defect and would not be hammered at the casa de slab. But I have no examples to back this up.

This is actually a good question but I don't know the answer. I was recently wondering the same thing...I've got a Marvel GS book where the end of the staple is ever so slightly protruding out of the back cover. My instinct tells me this is a production defect and would not be hammered at the casa de slab. But I have no examples to back this up.

They are not hammered, nor are they ignored. It is a common problem with squarebound books where the staples are larger and not "saddle-stitched", but rather stapled through the pages with the cover glued on. Most mags are saddle-stitched . . . hm