• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Mystery Funnies V1#3 Mile High pedigree (Centaur, 1938) CGC NM 9.4 White

41 posts in this topic

I have owned 2/3,2/4,2/5 and had 2/1 and 2/6 in my mitts (couldn't pony up the dough fast enough, and the owner changed his mind! :baiting: ) but I have never even had the opp to buy a 2/2...

"The 1/3 is my favorite Everett cover. Relax, I am not bidding on it. Here is the "neighboring" Church copy of 1/4. Jon"

Wow! What a stunner, what grade would you put the book at Jon?

BTW, Jon, the Centaur thread you started a few years back, was the straw that broke my back, and finally pushed me into this glorious publisher as my main collecting titles.

Thank you for sharing with us the fab books from your collection.

B

AMF 2/2...you mean to say that book isn't common as dirt?

I've got a couple of those laying around somewhere...

TwoAMF22.jpg

:makepoint: you should have sold me one, before my 1/2 went to Bunky Brian, my 1/3 to RyanH, my 2/3 and 2/4 are gone now too, but that was stricly a financial decision based on the money being offered!)...

TwoAMF22.jpg

:o

OMG!!! The extremley rare Botanical Gardens issue with the Zebra cover!!! That book is rarer than chicken lips!!!

(worship) (worship) (worship)

TwoAMF22.jpg

:o

OMG!!! The extremley rare Botanical Gardens issue with the Zebra cover!!! That book is rarer than chicken lips!!!

(worship) (worship) (worship)

chicken lips :cloud9:

"The 1/3 is my favorite Everett cover. Relax, I am not bidding on it. Here is the "neighboring" Church copy of 1/4. Jon"

BTW, Jon, the Centaur thread you started a few years back, was the straw that broke my back, and finally pushed me into this glorious publisher as my main collecting titles.

Thank you for sharing with us the fab books from your collection.

B

It is always great spending other people's money.

Centaur collectors are hard core. One reason I think they are not more 'popular' is that they are so hard to find in the first place. Can't find them, makes the "collecting' thing tough to do.

I been an addict for this company for over 20 years.

TwoAMF22.jpg

:takeit: on the undercopy. But you probably knew that.
I suspect there would be a long line for that one if steve still had it!...

Oh- vf/nm jb

Actually I yanked out (had scanned it year or so ago)....book is 9.2 territory or better .....as my 2/2 is....

Picked this up from the Weist Auction. From the Jacquet estate here is another venture to use comics to promo a business. (MPFW was to do it for movies)

Cover of FPS April 1938, this book is half page content AND the contents are NOT from FPS, but appear to be from Funny Page stories from Dec 1938 or beginning of January 1939.

I will delve deeper when I get some time.....Jon

69279.jpg.7377d2bbef32afc12dc3cb581e3b41b6.jpg

69280.jpg.e6c3569ff54a7b1f1af75b2107dc873a.jpg