• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

So with the pending movie (and fanatical fan base anyway), how much is the 1st cameo of Goon building up interest out there? These growing in demand?

Honestly, no. Well, only to those think that book has original artwork.

Just like that dang Preacher Preview...worthless. :insane:

:makepoint:

So with the pending movie (and fanatical fan base anyway), how much is the 1st cameo of Goon building up interest out there? These growing in demand?

:makepoint:

Trash!

UMMMM NO, horrible example...

Perhaps Absolute Vertigo would be a more precise example. hm

Perhaps Absolute Vertigo would be a more precise example. hm

I would like clarification on that. Which actually pre-dated which? I know Absolute Vertigo doesn't fetch anywhere near the prices Preacher Preview does.

I believe Preacher Preview preceded Absolute Vertigo by a few months. Preacher Preview reprints a few pages from the first issue of Preacher, IIRC, and contains as much "original artwork" as Avatar Illustrated '98 does of the Goon.

Either way, AI98 is still a book featuring the first printed appearance of a character, in much the same way Preacher Preview and Absolute Vertigo relate to Preacher.

Well, then please give us a bit of an education from your experience.

I'd be interested to hear this.

see page 28-29

Absolute Vertigo yes a good example.... according to history, I would sell now.

Preacher Preview is the actual book by the creative team

Hence, why I said only to those who think its original artwork or those FISHING for more than what it is... much like like all those with Absolute Vertigo at one point it was high....now....

Edited by catch21

see page 28-29

Hence, why I said only to those who think its original artwork or those FISHING for more than what it is... much like like all those with Absolute Vertigo at one point it was high....now....

So, then going back to the statement about Avatar Illustrated not showing increase or value. Are you seeing recent sales you can point to that forecasts this book on the downslope?

see page 28-29

So, then going back to the statement about Avatar Illustrated not showing increase or value. Are you seeing recent sales you can point to that forecasts this book on the downslope?

There really aren't enough sales to support this either way, imho.

Sounds like what I've been saying for months now. A fantastic and important issue.

And CGC doesn't list it as an origin issue yet, does it TJ?

Nope. But hell, I just wish they'd label first appearances. That issue was first appearance of Labrazio. Vol. 2 #2 is 1st appearance of Buzzard. Vol. 3 #2 is the first Dr. Alloy. Vol. 3 #6 is the 1st El Lagarto Hombre. So on and so forth...

Just give me some 1st appearance notes!

see page 28-29

There really aren't enough sales to support this either way, imho.

+1