• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a question, and a link to some Goon art I just purchased.

First, the question: Goon #14 has two covers (one with Zombie Priest and the other with Buzzard) and I was wondering if anyone knows if these were 50/50 variants? I have the Buzzard cover, and I was just wondering if anyone has (an extra) Priest cover they'd be willing to sell?

And, if you get a chance, check out my latest CAF addition:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=547956&GSub=63497

It's one of my all time favorite Goon pages, and it took me a while to pay it off!

Thanks!

AJG

I am new to collecting Goon comics, and I have not read ALL the way through this thread yet, but I wanted to ask a question.....

What is the status of issues of Dreamwalker #0 (1998 - Avatar) which contained the first Goon short story?

Does anyone know how many issues were initially printed?

Have any been CGC graded?

I have yet to see even one show up on ebay since I have become aware of the comic.

Thanks,

Steve

ok this is way to funny i should have never called cgc about this... i told them about some stuff and everyday i learn of more and more people finding out...... lol good thing i bought every available copy on the internet...haha

that story has nothing to do w/ the first avatar issue so cgc cant say its a preview like they did w/ avatar illustrated summer 98.... this is a 4 page run. the story from this book was also released later on in 2000 i believe in a trade paper back.. however what came first the chicken or the egg??

ps 1,000 will get you a copy of this

Edited by bcruze

that story has nothing to do w/ the first avatar issue so cgc cant say its a preview like they did w/ avatar illustrated summer 98.... this is a 4 page run. the story from this book was also released later on in 2000 i believe in a trade paper back.. however what came first the chicken or the egg??

ps 1,000 will get you a copy of this

comicbookdb.com has always had the Dreamwalker #0 as the first appearance of the Goon (and Frankie):

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=66108