• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con Feb 6 - 8, 2009 Guest List

117 posts in this topic

def gonna be there. shoot, i was born and bred in ny. i darn well better go. lol:P

can't wait to see ya buddy :)

Also I am not necessarily accepting submissions yet. However if you are attending the show me and my partner are available for on site witnessing (both ss witnesses)

this way if you are waiting in lines w/ us we can hook you up!

George Perez and Jim Lee now confirmed. :banana:

Great news! (thumbs u

Who's going to be a witness to this (probably going to be a bunch)? I need some Jim Lee stuff signed. PM with pricing and how many I can send you.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

The key to having a dealer's badge is that you get to attend the show early on Friday, from 10 am to 1 or 2 pm, when the general public is not allowed inside.

oh, so Chuck has already picked the place clean of any good underpriced stuff by the time you get there on Saturday?

The key to having a dealer's badge is that you get to attend the show early on Friday, from 10 am to 1 or 2 pm, when the general public is not allowed inside.

oh, so Chuck has already picked the place clean of any good underpriced stuff by the time you get there on Saturday?

Well... yes and no. Last year this one guy had some amazing dollar stock. He then told Chuck that he would not wholesale nor would he allow him to pick everything clean. He said he could wade through the boxes like everyone else. The guy had fresh stock Saturday and by saturday afternoon was allowing for wholesale deals.

And there are plenty of good deals, but they do get remarkably harder to find by Saturday.

Well... yes and no. Last year this one guy had some amazing dollar stock. He then told Chuck that he would not wholesale nor would he allow him to pick everything clean. He said he could wade through the boxes like everyone else.

so he wouldn't let chuck pay a dollar a book like everyone else? i've seen chuck do that.

Well... yes and no. Last year this one guy had some amazing dollar stock. He then told Chuck that he would not wholesale nor would he allow him to pick everything clean. He said he could wade through the boxes like everyone else. The guy had fresh stock Saturday and by saturday afternoon was allowing for wholesale deals.

And there are plenty of good deals, but they do get remarkably harder to find by Saturday.

Last year was SWEET for HG bargain bin books. I took home almost 200 HG BA books, most bought in the 1.00-5.00 range. I scored over 100 .20-.35 cent Archies, about 80 of which were of sufficient HG to stay in my collection, all from the dealer Brian mentioned. I picked up a nice handful of super HG 25 cent Charlton Romance books for a few bucks each, some very nice 20 cent Supermans in the 9.2-9.4 range for 2 bucks a piece, some 9.0-9.4 25 cent Marvel horror books for 2 bucks each, etc. There were some great deals in that room.

Got my fingers crossed for this year.

Argh it finally worked!! NOW I can get excited about going to my 1st major con!! I'm assuming it'll be somewhat larger than the Montreal Comic Con which had 3 tables and was held in my basement...

:jokealert: