• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con Feb 6 - 8, 2009 Guest List

117 posts in this topic

NY Comic Con February 6 - 8, 2009

The initial guest list is now posted on their website:

http://www.nycomiccon.com

Some notable names so far include:

Joe Sinnott, Kyle Baker, David Petersen, Ivan Reis, Lenil Yu .......

:banana:

I know it's still a few months away but who's planning on going?

Cheers!

N

I may also need a dealer's pass again this year. PM me please.

:grin:

We will be there, It is our backyard

born and raised in bergen county!! Bergenfield NJ Do you have a B&M? any shops left around there? Before they popped up all over the place i had to go to The Jokers Child in Fairlawn for my fix.

born and raised in bergen county!! Bergenfield NJ Do you have a B&M? any shops left around there? Before they popped up all over the place i had to go to The Jokers Child in Fairlawn for my fix.

Actually i live in Brooklyn, all my life. I dont know Jersey too much. Just how to get to my warehouse. A and S Comics, Zapp Comics, Paradox Comics, Classic Comics, and a couple of others are the go-to stores nowadays for books here in Jersey.

Not anymore. There used to be one in the middle of washington Ave. They sold comics and records. Joker's wild is still there. Also, Collector's Comic Shop in Maywood. Not sure of any others in Bergen County.

I'm sure as the show gets closer, there will be someone who is a certified CGC Witness in attendence.

A dealer / exhibitor pass allows you to avoid the lines and walk in early. I just don't like waiting outside when it's cold. :grin:

Having a regular pass is just fine. It won't affect your "con experience". For first timers, wear comfortable sneakers, bring a drink and snack, wear layers - while it will be cold outside, it will be hot inside. There is a separate fee for coat check.

Cheers!

N

The key to having a dealer's badge is that you get to attend the show early on Friday, from 10 am to 1 or 2 pm, when the general public is not allowed inside. (Understand, however, that several guests and artists do not show up right away on Friday morning, because it is only professionals and dealers Friday morning/early afternoon)

You also get to enter from the dealer entrance on Saturday and Sunday, instead of lining up with the general attendance people. If you can get it, I highly recommend it.

Joel