• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback on an AF 15

41 posts in this topic

I have a possible option to purchase this raw AF 15 for $3000. Looks about a 4.0. I don't have it in hand for close inspection. Supposedly from the original owner. What do you guys think?

The good: Has no right edge chipping, bright colors,

The bad: Minor staple stress, wrinkly back cover, small crease BR corner, and smudge of some sort by Spideys left foot (does not seem to go through the cover)

af15_frontMike.jpg

AF15_largeInside.jpg

AF15insidecoveredge.jpg

AF15insidefront2.jpg

AF15center.jpg

AF15bck.jpg

man...as long as you actually get it..3000 is a great deal for that...just make sure no resto done on it, top left corner front cover would concern me for CT but an awesome book..if you dont like it sell it to me... (thumbs u

I have never done business before with the seller (who is on the East Coast). If I go for it, how can I protect myself in case the book never shows up? I would like to use my credit card for protection.

Do they take PayPal? Pretty decent buyer protection :)

Another thought, do you have someone in that area you trust that might be able to go and view the book or even pick it up for you? (shrug)

btw, looks to be a stellar book from the pix!

I'd grab it and run like hell at that price. Of course use your CC. I'd ask for better pic's/scans. Restoration questions are in order as well. If you think the seller is being truthful, and you like the answers to all your questions. I'd get it and send it to the folks in Florida... Make sure you protect yourself using Pay Pal{for what that's worth}. A CC payment will help protect you as well.{possible charge back} Good Luck with it. keep us posted...

Can't tell from a scan, but that ULBC doesn't look right to me.

If it were me, there's no way I'd drop coin like that on a raw book I couldn't inspect myself, and in fact might not even spend that kind of coin on a raw high-ticket key unless the seller agreed to a refund if it came back a PLOD.

that is a beauty book for 3K,only thing is the trust issue?When I want to spend that kind of coin on a book I wait for a convention so I can have the book in hand,able to check for resto myself ,not waiting for the mail or possibly getting lost in transit.But if you feel good about it "pull the trigger" :wishluck:

James,

$3000 is $3000 - As I stated before, I'm a little uncomfortable with the extent of information, but the price is better than the $5000 you mentioned before. Why the sudden drop? I always say, interview the seller, not the car book . . . :grin:

best,

David