• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellas, Help Lucy understand what this auction is doing?

14 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2205313124&category=68

I don't understand what the seller means here. Are the 4 books all included in 1 auction? Why multiple bidders/winners.....

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand this.

I think that the seller is incorrect listing that auction as a dutch auction. Dutch auctions are for seller to sell multiples of identical items. You should EMAIL him to clarify or there may be some problems at the end! frown.gif

I'm sure he is selling all 4 books in one auction...it looks like he entered erronious data while launching his listing causing it to appear like he is running a dutch auction...At least that's the way I see it... thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2205313124&category=68

I don't understand what the seller means here. Are the 4 books all included in 1 auction? Why multiple bidders/winners.....

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand this.

I have read and re-read and danged if *I* know what they are trying to do!

Yeah...the name sounds familier to me too... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway....I think whoever listed the books just had a brain fart and listed it as a Dutch Auction by filling in the blanks where it asks how many items are being listed....they entered 4 in a place where they shouldn't have.... thumbsup2.gif

Yeah...the name sounds familier to me too... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway....I think whoever listed the books just had a brain fart and listed it as a Dutch Auction by filling in the blanks where it asks how many items are being listed....they entered 4 in a place where they shouldn't have.... thumbsup2.gif

lol - I frequented Million year Picnic many many many years ago when Jerry was still owner. I remember when he went to Sotheby's. After some shuffling Tony took over the store - really liked him - wonder if he is still there?

Looks like Jerry was trying to do the math with this one:

"ummm...okay four books....ummm...times.....uhhh....multiple of guide...."

emerson1e.jpg

And then he noticed the offer to "remove ugly blackheads" and filled out the coupon in red ink, had second thoughts and tried to wonder bread the ink off...?