• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinderella Love #25 St. John 1954 Matt Baker Beauty!

17 posts in this topic

Cinderella Love #25, St. John, Dec. 1954. This cover is considered by many Baker collectors to be his "signature" romance piece. Try not to let the beauty of the artwork influence your appraisal of the condition of the comic. (That's hard for me, so I'm hoping that more level heads will prevail...)

cl25.jpg

cl25xb.jpg

Cinderella Love #25, St. John, Dec. 1954. This cover is considered by many Baker collectors to be his "signature" romance piece. Try not to let the beauty of the artwork influence your appraisal of the condition of the comic. (That's hard for me, so I'm hoping that more level heads will prevail...)

cl25.jpg

cl25xb.jpg

5/5.5

Re: Registered: 08/03/05 and only 2 posts

Thank you, thank you! I've worked very hard to contribute so little...

And I have so many people to thank... so many who have encouraged me in my dedication to inactivity... I couldn't have done it without them.

JvR11 has been looking for one of these for a long while.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Looks like a nice 6.0

Thanks for looking out for me Jimbo, much appreciated! (thumbs u

5.5 I'm in the amidst of an African American Art class and stumbled upon Bakers work. Could anyone PLEASE give me or direct me to a list of the art/books he drew? :angel:

There are a few sources for Baker art. A really good complete list is in an Alter Ego article. Alter Ego 47. Try ebay for a copy.

Also, there is a thread called Baker Romance in the GA section where we have collected some of his covers. Hope this helps you.

5.5 I'm in the amidst of an African American Art class and stumbled upon Bakers work. Could anyone PLEASE give me or direct me to a list of the art/books he drew? :angel:

Fantagraphics offers a complete checklist of all the St. John romance comics, giving full details of each issue, including the title, number of pages, and artist of each story. The checklist comes as a .pdf download. It's a wealth of information, invaluable to collectors of Matt Baker art, St. John publications, and romance comics in general.

Here's the link to the download:

http://www.fantagraphics.com/downloads/stjohnchecklist.pdf