• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko auto

36 posts in this topic

People should just leave the guy alone. He owes nobody anything and the constant pursuit of him by fans says less of them than Ditko.

He doesn't care about comics, or his place in it, and people should just stand back and respect that...

Jim

Actually, he still produces comics. His latest is "Ditko, Etc...." and while it's no ASM, it is a glimpse into his world and how he views us, the fans.

I'll try to post a few pics from it tonight or tomorrow.

Maybe I'm old (well maybe, mature?)..but I'm not familiar with what context the term "auto" is being used here...

At any rate, Ditko was one of the pioneers of the Silver Age. His work on sci-fi/fantasy and super-hero books set the standards in the late 50s and early 60s. Personally, I am not interested in his politics or (unfortunately) any of his post-1965 work. I find his self-published stuff unreadable.

Its a shame he will not give interviews -- there are many fans who would like his insights to how comics were done in the 50s, his personal experiences, and his involvment in the creation of the Marvel publishing empire.

Bill

Autographs

I'm referring specifically on the Jonathan Ross special. There was no need for that...

He's been a little bit naughtier than that lately...

lol Yeah, I read about that...

By the way, do you find Russell Brand funny? I didn't whatsoever when I was in Europe. I know British humor takes some seasoning for us Americans before they get it but never thought he was the least humorous. And after seeing that he was hosting this year's US MTV Video Awards, all I could do was doh! after the miserable performance he had hosting the European version a couple years ago...

Jim

I'm referring specifically on the Jonathan Ross special. There was no need for that...

He's been a little bit naughtier than that lately...

lol Yeah, I read about that...

By the way, do you find Russell Brand funny? I didn't whatsoever when I was in Europe. I know British humor takes some seasoning for us Americans before they get it but never thought he was the least humorous. And after seeing that he was hosting this year's US MTV Video Awards, all I could do was doh! after the miserable performance he had hosting the European version a couple years ago...

Jim

I watched the US MTV awards and continually winced at the way Brand was browbeating the obviously right-on audience with his rather feeble grasp of American politics. Thought that move was a career-killer, but I could be wrong.

I don't dislike Brand, and think he's moderately amusing as a panelist on topical quiz shows (or some such) but his stand-up simply isn't that good compared to what's currently out there on the circuit.

That prank call was typical Brand though, this time with (very) poor judgement.

Maybe I'm old (well maybe, mature?)..but I'm not familiar with what context the term "auto" is being used here...

At any rate, Ditko was one of the pioneers of the Silver Age. His work on sci-fi/fantasy and super-hero books set the standards in the late 50s and early 60s. Personally, I am not interested in his politics or (unfortunately) any of his post-1965 work. I find his self-published stuff unreadable.

Its a shame he will not give interviews -- there are many fans who would like his insights to how comics were done in the 50s, his personal experiences, and his involvment in the creation of the Marvel publishing empire.

Bill

Autographs

Oh...I see..never mind... :whistle:

I think Ditko is over rated, much like Starbucks.

The same way I feel about Kirby.And I prefer Full City coffee.

Ok, I can overlook the Ditko thing, but Kirby?!?! :o

BLASPHEMY! sheepholy.gif (I couldn't find a priest smiley, so "Holy Sheep" has to do)

You may go..........

:baiting:

Oh, and I just don't care much for coffee in general.

If he wants people to leave him alone then why don't he just do a few cons sign a billion or so books. Flood the market so bad that no one will ever bug him again

lol

I agree with you, its sad that people continue to hound him. Its obvious that he don't want to be bugged by comic fans.

People should just leave the guy alone. He owes nobody anything and the constant pursuit of him by fans says less of them than Ditko.

He doesn't care about comics, or his place in it, and people should just stand back and respect that...

Jim

I think Ditko is over rated, much like Starbucks.

The same way I feel about Kirby.And I prefer Full City coffee.

Ok, I can overlook the Ditko thing, but Kirby?!?! :o

BLASPHEMY! sheepholy.gif (I couldn't find a priest smiley, so "Holy Sheep" has to do)

You may go..........

:baiting:

Oh, and I just don't care much for coffee in general.

Just playing on all the fan boys who think Kirby is god.I like Kirby just fine as second best SA artist.

My only vice caffine.I would be lost without it.

What is the story behind the Ditko auto?

Bought from a friend of a friend of Ditko. It came from the Seattle area, so I'm guessing the friend of a friend is Robin Snyder, but I have no way to confirm it. The signature looks like the one he signed on a letter to me, so I feel confident that it's legit.

(shrug)