• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am selling almost everything.....many Key books Updated

62 posts in this topic

Mike, I am happy to see you keeping the GL and the Det - grails if there ever were any. Best of luck with buying the house - it's a great move! thumbsup2.gif

DAM

thanks Dave ! - that book is on hold for you...and there were alot of requests for it....sorry to see it go.... frown.gif

I am having a shift of priorities for the time being (i am buying a house) and will need to liqudate most of my collection. I am not really pleased about doing this, but after the big crash, i should be able to pick up alot of the books again. Below is only a partail list...I am going to be updating it later. Feel free to pm me about specific questions. Prices are not listed because i am flexible. Thanks

ASM 40 9.2 white pages ( manufactured with one staple)

ASM 84 9.4 ow-w (kingpin cover

ASM 59 9.4 ow (1st MJ cover)

ASM 97 9.4 cr/ow (drug issue)

ASM 98 9.4 ow (ditto)

Batman 244 9.4 ow (cool Neal Adams cover) on hold

Batman 171 9.0 cr/ow (1st Riddler in SA )

Detec 371 9.4 ow-w (classic Batgirl cover)

Detec 395 9.4 ow - (on hold for Rip)

Detec 400 9.2 ow (Neal Adams - 1st Man Bat)

Batman 254 9.0 (100 pagers)-- NEW

Detect 420 9.2 (Neal Adams )-- NEW

Flash 350 9.8 white (highest graded, farewell issue)

Flash 167 9.4 ow (origin issue)

Flash 208 9.6 white(neal adams cover, highest graded)

Flash 169 9.4 ow/w (80 page giant)

Batman 256 9.0 (giant size)

Detec 438 9.4 white (giant size)

Detec 417 9.4 ow (neal adams)

Avengers 58 9.4 ow-w (Vision origin)

Avengers 96 9.4 ow -w (neal adams)

Avengers 92 9.6 white (neal adams, highest graded)

Avenger 94 9.0 (neal adams)

DC Special # 1 9.2 white

JLA 65 9.0 ow - (jsa story)

Wonder Woman 218 9.4 white

I also just got in a Batman 213 cgc 9.2 cr/ow pages 30th Anniv issue

I borrowed a scanner, so i will be able to send scans to people that asked. I will do that over the holiday weekend.

I have recieved about two dozen responses for these books, most of them for the Det 400...yet no takers. I think everything is going to go on Ebay after the holidays....people are asking, but no one is buying. I also have updated the list.

Check it out.

I have recieved about two dozen responses for these books, most of them for the Det 400...yet no takers. I think everything is going to go on Ebay after the holidays....people are asking, but no one is buying. I also have updated the list.

Check it out.

Did you get those scans out? Maybe that would increase the sales for you? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am having a shift of priorities for the time being (i am buying a house) and will need to liqudate most of my collection. I am not really pleased about doing this, but after the big crash, i should be able to pick up alot of the books again. Below is only a partail list...I am going to be updating it later. Feel free to pm me about specific questions. Prices are not listed because i am flexible. Thanks

ASM 40 9.2 white pages ( manufactured with one staple)

ASM 84 9.4 ow-w (kingpin cover

ASM 59 9.4 ow (1st MJ cover)

ASM 97 9.4 cr/ow (drug issue)

ASM 98 9.4 ow (ditto)

Batman 244 9.4 ow (cool Neal Adams cover) on hold

Batman 171 9.0 cr/ow (1st Riddler in SA )

Detec 371 9.4 ow-w (classic Batgirl cover)

Detec 395 9.4 ow - (on hold for Rip)

Detec 400 9.2 ow (Neal Adams - 1st Man Bat)

Batman 254 9.0 (100 pagers)-- NEW

Detect 420 9.2 (Neal Adams )-- NEW

Flash 350 9.8 white (highest graded, farewell issue)

Flash 167 9.4 ow (origin issue)

Flash 208 9.6 white(neal adams cover, highest graded)

Flash 169 9.4 ow/w (80 page giant)

Batman 256 9.0 (giant size)

Detec 438 9.4 white (giant size)

Detec 417 9.4 ow (neal adams)

Avengers 58 9.4 ow-w (Vision origin)

Avengers 96 9.4 ow -w (neal adams)

Avengers 92 9.6 white (neal adams, highest graded)

Avenger 94 9.0 (neal adams)

DC Special # 1 9.2 white

JLA 65 9.0 ow - (jsa story)

Wonder Woman 218 9.4 white

I also just got in a Batman 213 cgc 9.2 cr/ow pages 30th Anniv issue

I borrowed a scanner, so i will be able to send scans to people that asked. I will do that over the holiday weekend.

Check it out.

How is it that I was the 1st person to respond to your post......and yet your Batman 244 is on hold ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Check it out.

Did you get those scans out? Maybe that would increase the sales for you? confused-smiley-013.gif

I know...and I borrowed a scanner, and hooked it up, but it's not compatible with the Windows in my computer....so I will have to wait to go over my bro's house and send scans.....

I know...and I borrowed a scanner, and hooked it up, but it's not compatible with the Windows in my computer....so I will have to wait to go over my bro's house and send scans.....

everytime u come over,you have to scan books!..I'm starting to think your just using me to get at my scanner..scan and leave that's all you do! sorry.gif

everytime u come over,you have to scan books!..I'm starting to think your just using me to get at my scanner..scan and leave that's all you do! sorry.gif

finally...he catches on !! 27_laughing.gif

Check it out.

Believe me, this isn't meant as a knock against you, but I think your prices are a bit high. There are two recorded sales of Detective 400 in 9.2 this year, one for $300, the other for $316. Your asking price is half again that much. Is anyone paying 4.5 times guide for bronze age books in 9.2?

I also considered your Batman #171. There's just one recorded sale of this book in 9.0 this year, for $540. Again, your asking price is about 40% higher.

I know that you stated that you'll accept counter-offers, but I think a lot of people get scared off when the asking price is substantially more than they'd be willing to pay. Most sellers will accept offers that are 10% below their asking price, but you'd have to come down 35-40% to equal this year's recorded prices for those books. Most potential buyers would probably assume that you wouldn't discount that deep, and walk away without even making an offer.

Again, not trying to give you a hard time. We all have a hard time parting with certain books.

Check it out.

Believe me, this isn't meant as a knock against you, but I think your prices are a bit high. There are two recorded sales of Detective 400 in 9.2 this year, one for $300, the other for $316. Your asking price is half again that much. Is anyone paying 4.5 times guide for bronze age books in 9.2?

I also considered your Batman #171. There's just one recorded sale of this book in 9.0 this year, for $540. Again, your asking price is about 40% higher.

I know that you stated that you'll accept counter-offers, but I think a lot of people get scared off when the asking price is substantially more than they'd be willing to pay. Most sellers will accept offers that are 10% below their asking price, but you'd have to come down 35-40% to equal this year's recorded prices for those books. Most potential buyers would probably assume that you wouldn't discount that deep, and walk away without even making an offer.

Again, not trying to give you a hard time. We all have a hard time parting with certain books.

First, I am not offended. I totally understand that people are intitled to their opinion and doesn't make them bad people or "this guy doesn't agree with me, so therefore he's a jerk" . ....I don't believe that.

Second, I have been on your site and there are two examples that fit your critera of too high in my opinion that are right off of the top of my head. The BB 54 9.2 with cr/ow pages. 850 ? - i was at the Philly show and the Clevand copy was only 550 for better page quality. And the JL 56 with cream pages is 210, yet the last two on ebay went for 125 range. ....one of them i bought. -again with better page quality- So, according to your theory , you should be coming down on your prices....after all, these sold for less....

everything can be debated and while my prices aren't set in stone and i am willing to bend, which i am doing for a forum member that is buying ,(who is someone i've never dealt with, so there is no "favor") I am not willing to give stuff away either.....And in the case of the Det 400, which is the book everyone on here seems to want,. I would keep it rather keep it than bend. - Like I said, I am not trying to get into a "your books are to high" contest....just saying that it's in the eye of the beholder...

Second, I have been on your site and there are two examples that fit your critera of too high in my opinion that are right off of the top of my head. The BB 54 9.2 with cr/ow pages. 850 ? - i was at the Philly show and the Clevand copy was only 550 for better page quality. And the JL 56 with cream pages is 210, yet the last two on ebay went for 125 range. ....one of them i bought. -again with better page quality- So, according to your theory , you should be coming down on your prices....after all, these sold for less....

Both of these examples from my site are 9.2s priced at 2.25 to 2.5 times guide, a far cry from 4.5 guide.

There are four recorded sales of the JLA #56 this year, ranging from $135 to $200. With that range, an asking price of $210 is not unreasonable, and there's a little bit of wiggle room there.

As for the B&B #54, I sold a 9.4 early this year for $1500(4xguide). 2.25 guide for a 9.2 seems very reasonable for a ridiculously undervalued key first appearance, and right in line with what two major dealers are asking for the same book in the same grade.

The BB 54 9.2 with cr/ow pages. 850 ? - i was at the Philly show and the Clevand copy was only 550 for better page quality.

You don't state whether the Cleveland copy is a 9.2. If it is, and truly does have better page quality, the seller should contact me. I'll take it at $550.

Ah well...someone got a deal.

big time ! and the killer is Jeff, that he had a Sups 199 9.6 that sold for 1500 !!! - Jason had one that sold for 2500 i think it was...gman would know the exact figure - course that was gone and so was the ASM 75 9.4 for 225 ! -