• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Just Found Out I'm Losing My Job

89 posts in this topic

Maybe this thread should be the "Just lost my job" club thread.

Sadly, I just joined. :(

So sorry to hear about that James. Hope there is a better job on the horizon.

As far as cars go I love my Honda CRV. American cars may be better than they were and perhaps have caught up with Honda but I can't forget the 2 American cars I owned that were bad on gas and cost me a fortune in repairs. My 1979 Chrysler Cordoba was a blast to drive but I think I replaced every part in it.

But now you can spend more time running your store. hm

What was your regular job James?

Sorry to hear about this! I think our club is growing unfortunately larger by the day. Tough times right now. Hopefully we find a way to come out better for it.

I'm sorry to hear that James. May your next venture be just around the corner.

It seems the ranks of unemployment are swelling, to help each other out would it be a good idea to create a thread highlighting skillsets and expertise? Just a thought.

Sorry to hear about this! I think our club is growing unfortunately larger by the day. Tough times right now. Hopefully we find a way to come out better for it.

Seems like an epidemic around these parts lately. Hope you, and the others who found themselves without employment, find another job quickly...

Jim

My girlfriend lost her job about 2 weeks ago but already found another job. She is one of the lucky ones. I am still looking for work, but have a 3rd and final interview next week and am supposed to get a call today for a second interview for another position. It looks promising. :wishluck:

I finally started getting unemployment money today too. It took some time to get it as I had to go through a few processes until I was granted it. It isn't much but it's extra money.

I hope all of you find new positions soon.

But now you can spend more time running your store. hm

What was your regular job James?

I was a software engineer at a company called Akamai. I'd been there 9 years as of October. It was time to go, anyway.

With luck, I'll find another job to subsidize the shop soon. :)