• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASHCANS

94 posts in this topic

I thought I would bump this thread, with a little trio of ashcan-sized books I never see anyone post...probably because I don't think they are officially ashcans. These evidently came as part of an audio-book set...and these are the only three issues I have. But I like them a lot even though i don't know much about them. Maybe someone can enlighten us on these. hm

I've never seen those before. How cool!

Those MPI Audio books can be hard to find. They also did The Untold Legend Of The Batman. They came with casette tapes of audio book type versions of the comic. I have the Batman set but threw the tapes out long ago :(

Are there companies still making ashcan editions? It was a gimmick, sure, but I did like them. I found this in a box - it was supposed to have a signature but doesn't:

deathblowash.jpg

i published an ashcan last year, it featured all boardie art and stories (not tales from the dead, that was an actual comic) the ashcan was called these terrible times.

Let's see a scan of the ashcan!!!!!! (thumbs u

ask and you shall receive.....

th_pulpproof.jpg

i have a few left, only printed 50. all boardie done...that is zombie lebowski on the cover done by boozad..

Those MPI Audio books can be hard to find. They also did The Untold Legend Of The Batman. They came with casette tapes of audio book type versions of the comic. I have the Batman set but threw the tapes out long ago :(

Here's a pic of the originals in situ:

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

There's the cereal version, which are much, much rarer. I just found a nice set earlier this year.

:cloud9:

I used to listen to those tapes and read those comics over and over.

I loved reading along to records. My parents got me a cheapo kids record machine and I thought it was absolute magic that I could put a needle down and sound would come out.

My favorite one was "The Magic Fish." I can still recite it almost word for word.

Are there companies still making ashcan editions? It was a gimmick, sure, but I did like them. I found this in a box - it was supposed to have a signature but doesn't:

deathblowash.jpg

i published an ashcan last year, it featured all boardie art and stories (not tales from the dead, that was an actual comic) the ashcan was called these terrible times.

Let's see a scan of the ashcan!!!!!! (thumbs u

ask and you shall receive.....

th_pulpproof.jpg

i have a few left, only printed 50. all boardie done...that is zombie lebowski on the cover done by boozad..

Great looking ashcan.... :applause: Thanks for posting.... (thumbs u

I'm not sure if these listings have been mentioned here yet (no, they're not mine), but there's a guy selling a pile of signed Pitt #1 ashcans for dirt cheap on eBay.

$9.95 OBO each in this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PITT-1992-ASHCAN-SIGNED-NUMBERED-Dale-Keown-/130506087118?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e62c4dace

or $59.95 OBO for 15 copies in this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PITT-1992-ASHCAN-SIGNED-NUMBERED-Dale-Keown-x-15-/130506087131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e62c4dadb

Didn't know they were worth that much. I figured $5 tops

I picked them all up for $50. $3 a piece seems pretty reasonable to a Pitt fan! :) I'll try to sell a few at a con to offset the price a bit (not to a dealer, obviously); I suspect @ a con you could sell a couple for $5-$7 a piece based on the sigs alone??? *shrug*

They're all in NM/NM+ condition.

pitts.jpg

Didn't know they were worth that much. I figured $5 tops

I picked them all up for $50. $3 a piece seems pretty reasonable to a Pitt fan! :) I'll try to sell a few at a con to offset the price a bit (not to a dealer, obviously); I suspect @ a con you could sell a couple for $5-$7 a piece based on the sigs alone??? *shrug*

They're all in NM/NM+ condition.

pitts.jpg

I remember looking for this for a long time. Then, like you, i found about a hundred of them.

I only bought the best one tho hoarder :baiting:

I remember looking for this for a long time. Then, like you, i found about a hundred of them.

I only bought the best one tho hoarder :baiting:

If one is good, many is better, right? ;)