• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Parrino's website updated...finally!

30 posts in this topic

I was interested in some books on his site in the past. Funny, he won't even acknowledge an email unless its at his price. I remember about a year or so ago, the books he couldn't sell at the prices he showed ended up in the heritage auction and did sell at the "market" prices instead of the "Parrino" market prices. Sure hope that happens again. Would love to have that Spidey 3

thumbsup2.gif

I had to pay $35 shipping. It was one CGC graded book, but the box weighed a ton. He included that huge $50 catalogue of his, and I've been on his mailing list for all the comic related stuff ever since. So the $35 shipping ended up being worth it, as I've received every single comic catalogue he's produced since 2001.

A Date With Judy # 3 in NM+ 9.6 for $1,200 hehe

Only 12x the NM 9.4 price in Overstreet..!! What do you think Chuck first sold that issue for - maybe $2 ?

It's to the point where anything from the Church collection is at least 10x guide in NM or better...which in a way I understand; it's one of a handful of pedigrees that truly justifies a premium through the name alone.

But still, this is nuts. Most stuff in NM 9.4 is 10-12x guide. Most of the stuff in 9.6 is 15x guide... What would the entire Church collection - 22,000 books - be worth today if reassembled in all their glory? $50 million? More?

What would the entire Church collection - 22,000 books - be worth today if reassembled in all their glory? $50 million? More?

sign-offtopic.gifChurch collection was 22,000 books?? I thought is was around 8,000

That's weird that you're getting the coin junk instead of the Comic stuff. You've missed out on a lot of sweet catalogues. Your name must have been put on the wrong list by mistake. foreheadslap.gif

I guess I did get 2 catalogs that had some comics in it. But it was still mostly coins. I usually give them to my uncle as he's a coin collector. I can understand looking at comics in a magazine but looking at coins.... ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Brian

As much as I don't understand the appeal of coins, I understand the appeal of currency even less. The only piece of currency that is remotely interesting are those $10,000 bills from Vegas.

What would the entire Church collection - 22,000 books - be worth today if reassembled in all their glory? $50 million? More?

sign-offtopic.gifChurch collection was 22,000 books?? I thought is was around 8,000

How is this off-topic? Everything on Jay's site is pretty much Church pedigree. There were 22,000+ books in the collection, according to Matt Nelson's account (as told to him by Rozanski and the initial buyers from Rozanski).