• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

makemeanofferandlose

65 posts in this topic

Here's another craptacular flipper. He managed to turn a 1.5 ASM #2 and a .5 restored ASM #1 into a pair of of unrestored 3.0s with only "slight pen markings" and "slight tape on the spine" and of course they both have "nice eye-appeal" going for them. Check the graders notes from the comiclink sale. Watch out for this guy...

Post-Flip

ASM #1 Pre-Flip

ASM #2 Pre-Flip

Check out his Action #20

Hello. Up for auction is the very rare Action Comics #20 featuring an appearance by the Ultra Humanite and features a very early Superman cover with the "S" symbol left out on his chest. This comic is in NM- 9.2 shape and is qualified because this comic contains only the front cover and complete Superman story. The back cover and non-Superman stories are missing. The cover, as well as the interior, is 100% authentic and has been kept in perfect shape. Neither the interior nor the cover are brittle.

A CGC 4.5 copy sold for over $2600 on the Heritage Auction site. This copy has a significantly nicer cover.

WTF? I wonder how long it'll be until the person who won the auction notices that the #1 is missing a centerfold?

This guy also sold a "Solid Mid Grade 6.0" Amazing Fantasy #15 for 2400. I wonder what horrors that thing hides.

Eh...quoting myself. I think I found the AF #15. Anyone else think so?

AF #15 6.0!

AF #15 "6.0"?

At least he only doubled his money on this one... (shrug)

Feedback for an AF #15 from the same joker:

Buyer: Amazing Fantasy 15 was cgc restored, married page, trimmed sold as unrestored foerster57 ( 72) May-03-08 20:07

Reply by makemeanofferandwin (May-04-08 01:55):

Never purchased comic. Accusations have no support. Absolutely unnecessary.

Follow-up by foerster57 (May-04-08 19:25):

I have photos for anyone to view of the comic in the cgc 1.8 restored case.

Yet another crook to avoid at all costs.

Here's another craptacular flipper. He managed to turn a 1.5 ASM #2 and a .5 restored ASM #1 into a pair of of unrestored 3.0s with only "slight pen markings" and "slight tape on the spine" and of course they both have "nice eye-appeal" going for them. Check the graders notes from the comiclink sale. Watch out for this guy...

I've posted about this con artist before. This seller is named Narbeh; he is not to be trusted as a dealer. His MO is to buy low-grade readers, often with serious problems or restoration, for flipping on eBay. Unfortunately he does not reveal the problems with his books, such as brittle pages or incomplete, when selling. His eBay descriptions are always misleading on purpose .

He has some of the scariest feedback I've ever seen. What is stopping us from creating an account on a friends computer and bidding on his stuff and leaving more of the feedback he justly deserves? This guy is bad for the hobby and frankly worse than robojo.

This guy only does BIN listings so that particular brand of digital justice could get expensive quickly. I swear we need a crooked dealer database with current/past ebay ids and other information about these slimeballs. It's gotten to the point that I come here and run a forum search on any ebay userid from a seller with "too good to be true" listings.

I've never bought a BIN from Ebay. Is it possible to BIN without paying?

It depends. There is an option when you setup the auction to require immediate payment. However, this guy does accept "Best Offers" and you don't have to pay immediately (or at all) if he accepts an offer. Unfortunately, I suspect ebay would remove your feedback if you never paid for the item.

I see that in addition to ebay now hiding the winning bidder's i.d. on all auctions that this seller has switched his listings in his feedback section to private. Not every move ebay makes is in favor of the buyer - it'll now be doubly hard to find out if makemeanoffer's buyers are fooled.

I've never bought a BIN from Ebay. Is it possible to BIN without paying?

Sure it is. Hitting the BIN button only means you're committing to buy the item....not to pay for it. :whistle:

Shark