• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not get to excited.....the New Watchmen Trailer

35 posts in this topic

I just gave it another watch and got goosebumps at the 'mushroom cloud embrace' image (thumbs u

I disagree about Rorschach's voice. It's gravelly, but within reason. It's not 'super bass' but has a slightly adolescent quality, which is good. I think of Rorschach as kind of a little kid (albeit in his forties or whatever). Don't mistake my meaning, Rorschach is one of my favourite characters of all time.

When Batman spoke in the Dark Knight, I wanted to laugh. It was awful. I realise he was supposed to be using a voice disguiser, but it was hard to take seriously. Still a great Batfilm though.

I'm not so sure about Rorschach's bouncy walk. I always imagined him more economical of action.

I just gave it another watch and got goosebumps at the 'mushroom cloud embrace' image (thumbs u

I disagree about Rorschach's voice. It's gravelly, but within reason. It's not 'super bass' but has a slightly adolescent quality, which is good. I think of Rorschach as kind of a little kid (albeit in his forties or whatever). Don't mistake my meaning, Rorschach is one of my favourite characters of all time.

When Batman spoke in the Dark Knight, I wanted to laugh. It was awful. I realise he was supposed to be using a voice disguiser, but it was hard to take seriously. Still a great Batfilm though.

I'm not so sure about Rorschach's bouncy walk. I always imagined him more economical of action.

He doesn't look grubby enough. Or small. He's meant to be more than just a vigilante - I agree, the character in the book is childlike and arrested - my concern is that he won't be portrayed as the misshapen psychopath of the GN. The film makers may well balk at making him authentically repulsive rather than just a cipher. Which would miss the point...

Rorshach does sound like bales batman though.

That's what I thought too. That was the single thing I hated about TDK. doh!

Everything else looks good. I can't wait to see it. :headbang:

He doesn't look grubby enough. Or small. He's meant to be more than just a vigilante - I agree, the character in the book is childlike and arrested - my concern is that he won't be portrayed as the misshapen psychopath of the GN. The film makers may well balk at making him authentically repulsive rather than just a cipher. Which would miss the point...

I was thinking the same thing.

It's the only thing that really bothers me about the casting.

He's ugly and tiny. An ugly, tiny ball of fury and I'm not getting that from the body or the dialogue.

I hear you. Wonder if he'll slop bean juice over his chin while eating from the tin :)

EDIT: That's the regular bean juice I'm talking about. Not human bean juice.

The actor who plays Rorshach, Jackie Earl Haley, is a friend of mine and I helped him run lines for this movie. I was very curious how he was going to approach the clipped style of Rorshach's speach. I can say that in person, his read was truly frightening (I mean that in a good way), and I think they may have sweetened it a bit in the audio mix. I can also say that he developed that voice well before DK was released or even teased.

The actor who plays Rorshach, Jackie Earl Haley, is a friend of mine and I helped him run lines for this movie. I was very curious how he was going to approach the clipped style of Rorshach's speach. I can say that in person, his read was truly frightening (I mean that in a good way), and I think they may have sweetened it a bit in the audio mix. I can also say that he developed that voice well before DK was released or even teased.

Nice friend to have! And we don't get better first hand info than this... much appreciated, and highly anticipated. You friend will be a big part in the making of this film. And unavoidably Ledger has set the bar high, and comparisons will come regardless. So lets see the final product and enjoy it as such.

Get him do me some sig series Watchmen books! ;) That would be cool.

It's one of those roles that is held dear by a great many fans, and hence a tough one to do!

Get him do me some sig series Watchmen books! ;) That would be cool.

It's one of those roles that is held dear by a great many fans, and hence a tough one to do!

I'm kind of waiting for the right opportunity for this. What's the minimum number of books required for a signature event? I'd like to arrange something if possible but don't want to exploit a friend by having him do a million signatures.