• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman #132 & #251

13 posts in this topic

Hey people, a couple of recent acquisitions if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

I've been after #251 for a long time now and dropped lucky on the #132. Anyway...

Batman #132

The cover is completely attached although loose at the top staple. Both staples are rusty. The inner pages are all intact with no rips or folds with a cream to light brown around edges colour.

Batman132.jpg

Batman132Rear.jpg

Batman #251

Again the cover is completely intact, with some minor creasing along the spine (worse by top staple). All pages are intact with no tears or creases and are OW.

Looking at the top of the cover I've a nasty feeling that the book has been trimmed, but I've no way of telling for certain.

Batman251.jpg

Batman251Rear.jpg

Thanks in advance! (thumbs u

I really am in two minds about the #251. If I look at it long enough it looks to me like the top of the book actually tapers down towards the spine, and there is a tiny tear at the top of the spine (running around it from front to back) as if it has been in a guillotine.

Maybe I've just got it in my head that it has been and am looking too hard for signs that it has.

I may try to find someone in England who can take a second look at the book in hand for a second opinion. I really don't want to send it to CGC to get a PLOD back.

In general, larger scans would make it easier to give a hard look ...

On the 132 ... what's going on through the batman symbol in the title? Is that scanner glare? Looks like a long crease in the URFC. Another long crease in the lower left coral area. More along the bottom cover.

All in all ... add in the staple issues and the spine wear ... 2.0.

The 251 ... plenty of spine ticks, what looks like a ding on the top to the left of Batman's head. Is that a tiny bend in the URFC? A teeny bit of chipping under the 20-cent logo? All minor stuff on a nice book, but enough accumulation for a ... 6.0.

I've moved the #251 on for the price I paid for it so now I'm on the search for another one.

I've dug through my earlier back issues for slabbing candidates and came up with these four if anybody would like to cast an eye (and opinion) over them!

Batman #173

Batman173.jpg

Batman173Rear.jpg

Batman #180

Batman180.jpg

Batman180Rear.jpg

Batman #184

Batman184.jpg

Batman184Rear.jpg

Batman #242

Batman242.jpg

Batman242Rear.jpg

I've a copy of Batman #200 on it's way too which on Ebay looked like a really nice copy, so I'll post that when it arrives.

OK I know now. Didn't realise people didn't like it that way, I was just trying to not clutter up the forum wiith numerous posts asking for grades.