• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you search Globally?

6 posts in this topic

I'm on the brink of starting to auction a mess load of stuff on eBay.

When I last sold on eBay (about ten years ago) I listed on the US eBay site. (Larger audience, more of a market, and the exchange rate made economic sense. $US100 = AU$150!)

What I want to know is: When you guys and girls search for a particular item/s, do you search worldwide? Or do you stick to your own backyard.

If I do list on the US site, what do you think are my chances of getting any sales?

Ten years ago, I had no probs selling worlwide...Today?!?!

Thanks.

Honestly, I just plug in what I'm looking for. I have no idea if that means I am only looking at the US stuff. I know I will often see stuff advertised in Britain and occasionally Australia.

I have not had any problems ordering from overseas, I just factor the additional shipping costs in when deciding on a purchase.

I search globally but rarely bid on anything outside of US or Canada, simply due to shipping costs. But I do now and again.

To take this post in another direction...I can post one comic to the US, properly packaged, for US$5.00, 4 comics for US$10.00 .

Do you consider that too much to pay for shipping?

I search globally but rarely bid on anything outside of US or Canada, simply due to shipping costs. But I do now and again.

To take this post in another direction...I can post one comic to the US, properly packaged, for US$5.00, 4 comics for US$10.00 .

Do you consider that too much to pay for shipping?

Those are great shipping prices coming from Australia. I was charged double that for comics from Germany.

Brian